What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost a third of the way through this bowl of 2019 C&D Yorktown in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Terracotta 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. M'lady and I have been watching old westerns this evening.
4AB-TC_right.jpg

Earlier, I smoked Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend.
4AB_Brown_right.jpg

Currently, I'm finishing this bowl of Wilke No. 111 in a smooth medium bend 1938-1948 Pre-Republic Peterson Shamrock Killarney 9BC with a nickel band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_PR_9BC.jpg

Now smoking Watch City Rhythm & Blues in a 2003 smooth three quarter bend Rinaldo Fiammata Odissea Titania 02 Silver Line 3 Straight Grain egg with a black acrylic tapered stem. I'll probably end the day with this smoke.
Rinaldo Fiammata Odissea Titania 02 Silver Line 3 egg.jpg

Feeding ferals and my cats took me quite a bit of time, so I had another smoke, which was year 2015 C&D Burley Ribbon Cut in a 1970s slight bend black sandblasted Comoy's Silver Cloud 624 square shank sitter with a silver pearl gray acrylic saddle stem. Haven't smoked this blend or pipe in a few years, so I took a little tobacco out of a jar for this smoke.
Comoy's_Silver_Cloud.jpg

Good morning from Athens-Greece, we have clouds with light rain and 51 'F.
I bought this Molina Y Carbon look, take a look the mouthpiece with that unique stamp, here is the dilemma:
Should i keep it as is? Change it with another colour mouthpiece as Yellow or White in the same shape? Change it with another colour mouthpiece as Yellow or White but with no saddle, a more smooth shape?

30965888e7e9a224771a74f95e21315abd17b731.jpg

I am smoking Reiner Rot Blend 51, double Greek coffee beside me.

Just finished smoking Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Spent a lot of time outside in the cold trying to talk to this striped cat that I thought was Shy Stripesy, but no, I believe it's yet another striped cat that I haven't seen before. It was afraid of me, but not as much as the other striped cats were the first time I saw them. Anyway, I'm finally going to bed.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

Good morning from Athens-Greece, we have clouds with light rain and 51 'F.
I bought this Molina Y Carbon look, take a look the mouthpiece with that unique stamp, here is the dilemma:
Should i keep it as is? Change it with another colour mouthpiece as Yellow or White in the same shape? Change it with another colour mouthpiece as Yellow or White but with no saddle, a more smooth shape?

30965888e7e9a224771a74f95e21315abd17b731.jpg

I am smoking Reiner Rot Blend 51, double Greek coffee beside me.
I like the stem you have, Sid. A more tapered stem might make it easier to clench, but it has a nice symmetry as it is. I think colors like yellow or white would move the eye away from the bowl, and make a less attractive color balance as a result. If I was going to get a different colored stem, I go for a more subdued color. Perhaps tortoise shell or same basic color as the bowl without a black pattern.

Good morning,
Smoking a Pete strand,Lane LL-7,Mug of Yukon coffee.This new laptop is very fast,While I was doing research on it`s features,I found out what these laptops are selling for! Being the frugal guy that I am I would not have spent over a grand for a laptop, it was a gift So, I need to keep my mouth shut and just be grateful.

Good Afternoon friends.
Pretty nice day here in Ye merry olde England today. So I can sit out in the conservatory and watch the birdies explore the various nesting boxes that are set up in the garden. I'm about to fill a Pete liscannor XL90 with some Erinmore. A large cappuccino on the side, i hope your day is a good as mine everybody 😊
20240215_140649.jpg

Up and at'em this sunny, warm morning!! Fed the "Inside Six" kitties; then loaded my Elliott Nachwalter/George Jemelka full bent "Trumpet" straight grain with 2008 Margate. Sitting on the back patio with dark, strong Cafe du Monde coffee laced with a bit of real cream from our local dairy!! FTRPLT

I'm sure this goes w/o saying but pace yourself Ranger. Hate to see you wreck yourself.
I will certainly try. The problem is that it runs counter to my basic disposition which is to push myself to the limit, lol. However I definitely do NOT want to tear up my shoulder again so I will try to dial it back.