What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just opened a tin of 2017 Frog Morton. Having it in a fav Stanwell Brushed Black apple with Earl Gray tea. This was a go to English when McClelland was still around. When they closed I managed to snag 5 tins of FM and FMOTT. Think I have 2 left. I will miss it when it's gone but CS Shepherds Pie will fill the niche.
So Shepherds Pie is one of my go to blends. I didn’t know to try or buy FM when I got back into pipes. I just defaulted to what I knew. But from my mix mixture I found Shepherds pie.

Reloaded the Cobbler with MArk Twain. Rebeered as well.

PS: Second helping.

Attachments

• Cobbler.jpg
    Cobbler.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Passing the first third of this bowl of year 2018 Mac Baren HH Burley Flake in a straight smooth dark brown 1918 Pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 2 apple with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_PR_Dublin2_apple.jpg

Almost half way through this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture early version #3 in a medium brown 1982 smooth slight bend straight grain Ben Wade Martinique freehand sitter with a wide top and a black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Ben_Wade_Martinique.jpg

Last smoke of the day is Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. Going to check on Sam the Scamp and her babies.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Now smoking year 2020 C&D Virginia Flake in straight medium brown 1922-1937 Irish Free State era Peterson 222 bullcap with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.View attachment 16757
Good morning, Jim. What would be the difference between a tomato and a bullcap?

A third of a bowl left of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

MT in my Cobbler with coffee for lunch. Kinda fixed on this pipe at the moment.

Re Bullcap: read on another site (PM) that Bullcap is a loose definition applied to pipes smaller than a Bulldog with the same general bowl shape and a rounded top. They also equate it with Pear shaped pipes and Freehands. Considering these things it more resembles a Rhodesian than any other. Seems like splitting hairs to me.

Attachments

• Cobbler.jpg
    Cobbler.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Part way through this bowl of year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a smooth brown quarter bend post-2002 Porsche Design 277-04 radiator horn Made in Holland with an aluminum cap and a tapered black acrylic stem. First time smoking this new-to-me pipe that a great friend gifted me. Coffee from a freshly opened bag of Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
Porsche_horn.jpg

I finally get a porsche, and I can't drive the durn thing.

Last edited: