What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Bout to dive a little deeper into my Altadis J4 mild burley sample in my cob. Got some menial tasks to take care of this evening and don't feel like tending too much to my pipe. Time to puff away!

SG's Chocolate Flake in my CAO Big Head Meer.. NPR Radio good night..

OJK in a Custombilt almost billiard, in very tolerable but cold early AM.

Black Watch (no longer available Piperoom blend) in a Dr. Grabow Viscount bent billiard.

Pembroke in a group 4 Dunhill Billiard. Makes me feel classy!

Enjoying the rain here.. Had a bowl of Dan's Blue Note in my Sav Auto 5.. Waking up nice and slow today.. :cheers:

Last night I opened a new tin of Dunhill 965.

First tried it in my new Poul Winslow Viking Crown and then followed that up with two more bowls in a corn cobb.

It may be me, but the new 965 is not what I remember. This batch seemed much stronger to me, both in flavor intensity and nicotine. There was also more of a peppery kick to it, which I never recalled.

Perhaps its a matter of my memory not being as accurate as I thought or perhaps my palete has changed over time (since it has been almost 10 years since I last smoked 965), but this just didn't ring my bell quite like I remembered it.

Lately I've really been enjoying McClellands Old Dog and the Frog series. Bald Headed Teacher has also been enjoyable.

FVF in a GBD Century bulldog. Later, a very large El Rey Del Mundo.

Rain stopped for a time.. Did some chores outside while smoking some PA Cherry Vanilla in my MM Country Gentleman Cob.. Not bite so far so that is good..

Well, another year shot to hell. My after work tobacco enjoyment is Butternut Burley in my trusty and often smoked IMP meerschaum apple.

SG squadron leader in my nording sitter while watching WWII in color on the military channel. Seems like the appropriate baccy to smoke while watching and learning about our naval and air battles with Japan.

breaking in a new pipe ,,,first load is a pinch and a half of St. James Woods ,,, :D

PA in my MM Missouri Pride Cob.. Then McClelland 5100 Red Cake in my Sav Auto 5.. Yummy...

First smoke of 2011 is FVF in a GBD. Predictably...

Muddler":kiqoxvch said:
First smoke of 2011 is FVF in a GBD. Predictably...
No fair, you RSA guys get a head start on the new year! Have a great one Muddler! :cheers: :drunken: :cheers:

I'm on an Iwan Ries English Gourmet kick at the moment...just finishing up a bowl in a new (to me) Stanwell lumberman. Enjoying the hell out of it. I'm far too relaxed considering I've gotta head to work here in half an hour...I kind of just want to go ahead and call it a night!

Sitting at my workbench (and smoking area) in my garage, Smoking some lite english bulk from my local tobacconist..A bit pricey maybe,($4.50/oz) but sipping this Shiner Bock and nursing my Kaywoodie billiard is a fine way to end 2010

As the barbeque fire burns down, Union Square in a Pete Mark Twain.

McCranie's Red Ribbon (2000) in a new Wayne Teipen Billiard - its first smoke - New Year's Day 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.