What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bowl of Wessex burley slices in a Tim Hynick yachtsman whilst watching PBS profile of Ulysses S. Grant

Dunhill's Standard Mixture Mild in a Peterson Barrel.

A nice blend from a local shop called 221B Baker St. in a Dr. Grabow Savoy.

Heading out the door with my last night smoke of SG's ST. James Flake in my Eagle Claw Meer.. Upper teens.. Burrrr

Sunny & warm here today. After an excellent seafood lunch with Mrs Mudd, FVF in a Pietenpauw bulldog.

Lazarus Long":5c17wu41 said:
My first smoke of the day: A Shortcut To Mushrooms

Ah, such a treat.
I just received the 5 Middle Earth Blends.. What kind of pipe are you smoking it in LL ? This small New York De Luxe Axe is thin walled and not a large volume pipe.. Blends taste fine just a tad tart..Maybe needs more drying out before I smoke em.. :?:
Had a bowl of Dan's Blue Note in my Bent Canterbury.. Great morning blend..

Lazarus Long":99pi0mnl said:

Ah, such a treat.
How is the "A Shortcut To Mushrooms"?

I've been wanting to try them. How would you describe it please?

Heading outside in the snow storm moving in.. With a bowl of JFH Old Toby in my Meer Lined Fisher...

Had two bowls of Old Church in my Carolina Briar and in my Preben Holm Ben Wade 100 while removing snow and ice from our cars and sidewalk. The first smoke was really nice, the second bowl in the Carolina Briar was a little hot and bit a little. Still enjoyable and it was really nice to be out in the snow.

tried some Stokkebye "Danish" at lunchtime....thumbs down :cry:

Wood chopping and hauling with a bowl of Esoterica Margate in my Bent Canterbury..Then some Half&Half in my MM Missouri Pride Cob.. Just getting better with each smoke.. :cheers:

velveteagle":q3fnk3dv said:
Lazarus Long":q3fnk3dv said:

Ah, such a treat.
I just received the 5 Middle Earth Blends.. What kind of pipe are you smoking it in LL ?
Hi velveteagle, I have been smoking these out of a relatively inexpensive churchwarden that happens to have rather thick sidewalls. I am sure that the extra cool smoke of this pipe adds to my enjoyment of these blends.

I also got the sampler and tried the Old Toby first, it became an instant favorite. I had a little of the Longbottom Leaf, and all of the Shortcut to Mushrooms, so there are still two blends that I have not smoked.

I already went ahead and picked up 2oz each of the Old Toby and Shortcut to Mushrooms, and I wish that I had gotten more, because this is something that I would like to always have on hand.

tweaksource":q3fnk3dv said:
Lazarus Long":q3fnk3dv said:

Ah, such a treat.
How is the "A Shortcut To Mushrooms"?

I've been wanting to try them. How would you describe it please?
Hi tweaksource,

I can really only describe it as creamy and smooth, and truly delicious. I must say that I don't even know what the flavors are, but I am enjoying it very much. It smokes very well.

I apologize that I may be such a noob that I don't know of a way to verbally describe it adequately. If you are interested in it though, I would strongly recommend it, besides I think it is only about $3.25/oz. For me it's the shipping that costs, but if you get a bunch or a few different ones it should be worth it.

Cheers!

Just finished a bowl of Meridian in a Castello 31, earlier had a big bowl of 965 on the ride home in my Sasieni Friar.

We're waiting on a big BLIZZARD here in the Northeast....luckily I have enough tobacco and Scotch if I'm snowbound for a while. Peace-Mike :rendeer:

Butternut Burley in the IMP meer apple. "The Social Network" on the DVD.

Waking to some GH Louisiana Flake - I sure don't find all the chocolate in this blend which many folks found on Reviews.

Buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.