What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
monbla256":0tgh0cn1 said:
ajn27511":0tgh0cn1 said:
monbla256":0tgh0cn1 said:
Having some late afternoon sweet, McC's FM 2000 in one of my Charatan 4148 DC Special Pots. Gonna have a late dinner so this is my dessert pre-dinner :twisted: 

Michael, I'm disappointed that you didn't polish the stem and have it nice and shiny before photographing. How can you expect us younger guys continue to look to you for guidance in smoking and pipe care? Surely with over 40 years experience you know the value of a well kept pipe. For shame Michael. :fpalm: :twisted: :twisted: :lol!: 

AJ
My pipes get "polished all pretty" maybe once a year and then not all of 'em. :twisted:  With over 90 I would be spending MORE time polishing and have NO time to smoke 'em :twisted:  I like to SMOKE a pipe !! But then I'm an "old fart" so what does it matter  :twisted: 
Michael, anyone over 50 is considered by the younger generation as an "old fart". I wouldn't take it personally. We both know that for the most part they still haven't had time to learn how to pour piss out of a boot with the toe and heel cut off with the instructions written on the side. Pay'em no mind. As for polishing your many pipes, surely you can smoke and polish at the same time or are you one of those who can't walk down the sidewalk and lick your lips at the same time? Careful with your reply or you may lose your place on my list of pipe gods. :twisted: :lol: :lol: :twisted: 

AJ

Aj,
I AM NOT A PIPE G^D !! Repaet NOT A PIPE G^d !! Just an Old Fart who SMOKES a pipe !!! Once a month I'll take about a dozen I've been smoking, clean, ream and give 'em a polish and set 'em up in a rack or drawer for a month. When that pic was taken, it wasn't that pipes turn in the line-up. It was STILL in my monthly smoking rotation.  Sorry to disappoint ya, but what ya see is what ya get  :twisted: :twisted:
To keep this thing on topic, I've now lit up another bowl of Royal Yacht, this one in a Mountbatten (Charatan second) tanshell finished Canadian. One of my oldest pipes I have bought in the early 70's and one of my best smoking !! :twisted: 

Tilbury in a 2003 black grain etched Karl Erik Ekstravagant horn.

...final pipe of the day...Germain's Royal Jersey Perique in an P&T 2001 POY Ardor blast Cutty...
:cheers: 
url=https://servimg.com/view/18428752/84]
p-t_2016.jpg
[/url]

“Pipe smoking is not a habit…but a way of life”…    
PeterD

SG navy flake in my new estate Old England pot with some '88 Glenrothes 8) 

Full Virginia Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Shell bulldog.

Dunhill Flake in a 50's Peterson 155. My goal? Smoke this entire tin straight, nothing else in between. :twisted:

Stonehaven in my new estate Mastro de Paja bent Rhodesian! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

Berkshire in a black pebble finish straight 2003 Cavicchi C. Fatto A Mano nose warmer.

Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1980s smooth slight bend Wally Frank Dublin.

Black Swan in a straight 1979 MM Legend.

4-Noggins Killington in a Country Gentleman MM cob.  Great way to start the day.

...early AM...MacBaren Acadian Perique...now, R. McConnell Special London in a Radice Underwood Canadian...:cheers: 

url=https://servimg.com/view/18428752/85]
radice13.jpg
[/url]

...up next...St. Bruno Flake...:cheers: 

"...A Pipe smoker, by in large, is a gentleman and scholar...and there are damned few of us left..."   PeterD

Second bowl of the day, this one some smoky/sweet McC's Virginia Woods in my Danish Stanwell Legend 45 pot I bought last year. It's my only other "estate" pipe I own :twisted: 

Maple Street in the third pipe I ever bought ($1.95), a 1974 smooth straight French briar Hadley Apple.

Capstan Blue in a mid-1970s black rusticated straight Savinelli Estella 915 KS.

Bosphrous Cruise in a 2003 medium bent Ural meer with a lined and etched egg shaped bowl.

BRG Mixture in a straight sandblasted black billiard 2013 PSF POY Kaywoodie with an amber colored lucite stem.

Christmas Cheer 13 in a MM country gentleman.  Really sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.