What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
St. James Flake in a straight sandblasted pre-transition Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver band and military bit.

Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter with a black vulcanite stem.

A couple of minutes away from Jim's Va/Bur in a 2015 Basil Meadows Bing Crosby Merchant Service replica with a smooth straight thin shank, aluminum band and black ebonite stem. Ice water and bergs is my evening drink.

Now smoking MacBaren Burley London Blend in a 2015 three quarter bend two tone Chacom UPO Rouge squashed tomato with a black acrylic stem and shank. Vin Scully and the Dodgers are on the XM at 10:10 EST. ESPN will televise the game and simulcast Vin's fourth inning, as well as having lots of tributes to Vin in his 67th, and final season as the Dodgers play-by-play announcer.

Listing this a couple minutes early: Stokkebye Highland Whiskey in a 2013 slight bend grain etched briar John Barrett Volcano with a walnut shank.

...final pipe of the day...G&H Kendal North Star to break-in a new RD Pipes rustic Rhodesian... :cheers:

Sid.Stavros":k06b6sac said:
Sunday night, phew...what a week. Tuesday noon when i was on the way to job [Duty calls] my motorcycle's engine stuck due to oil pump dysfunction, it's was an uphill so i didn't had many rpm, after a big S in the middle of the road [the rear wheel blocked] i manage to keep my balance and i didn't fell down. My heart almost stopped, my hands were tighten in the grips, i knew what's was going follow, a huge "baaaang" from the car behind me but for a strange reason the car that followed had slow down a bit so there was enough distance to step on the brakes. It was right behind my few second before, there was no reason to slow down, somehow he didn't accelerate [like i was doing]. I pulled over and i try to calm a bit thinking: if it was a downhill my speed would be higher so i would certainly fell down with catastrophic results and if i was in a main road with lot of cars of a bus behind me the results would be deadly. Even my good reflexes would save me, nobody can stop his car when the guy in front has such a bad moment. I though that was only for movies but it happened to me in daylight. I didn't said to family all the details, they have already agony when i am wearing my uniform and i go for my Duty.
Than God i am alive and healthy otherwise i would be in hospital or in the grave, i also had a big problem when Saturday night my refrigerator's thermostat decide that it was time to left us, i didn't slept till 04.00am due to my nerves, some goods from s.market gone and i was without cool water till i find after a lot of try and agony a mechanic to fix it today.
In the dinner i thanked God that kept me alive and i raise a glass of Deus [muscat by Cavino] to him and now i am smoking Esoterica Tobacciana Pembroke hoping that tonight i will sleep calmly thinking that this week is over and in the next the things would be better.

Tonight no photos with a pipe or with a pipe and cup of coffee or other object as background, for sure other people have much more terrible moments and tragedies in their life but for what i lived those seconds in the road i feel the obligation to say:

228592710715f9f63b8b5891eb998944dd18bb89.jpg
You were surely looked after Sid and I think I can say we're all grateful for it. God's got his eye on you. ;)

About half way through this bowl of 12 year old Penzance in a 1990s smooth Peterson Captain Pete XL80 bulldog with a black vulcanite stem and p-lip.

Temple Bar in my old Gourd Calabash. :)

AJ

Having my one bowl of the day, some McC's FM 2000 in my Edward's #34 Author/Rhodesian I got from Brother Matia last year. mmmmmm Algerian briar and Red Va!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Dunbar in a post WW2 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 Bulldog with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem.

Savinelli 140˚ in an unbranded undated (1980s?) straight smooth flat bottom apple with a black vulcanite stem.

Granger in a black 1997 Brebbia Jubilee 925 silver banded grain sandblast briar calabash with a black acrylic stem.

Almost finished smoking Sir Walter Raleigh in a medium bend 2002 MM Legend cob.

About half way through this bowl of Heine's Blend in the very first pipe I ever bought ($2.49) in 1974; a smooth three quarter bend Dr. Grabow Omega with a black vulcanite stem.

...early AM...G&H Kendal North Star...now, CH in a Castello sea rock Lovat... :cheers:

...up next...G&H medium black cherry... :cheers:

The cold from Hell has struck on this the first day of autumn. Therefore, no pipe. Just sniffles and coughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.