What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting off my smoking day with Stonehaven in a 1998 smooth medium bend Peterson Limerick 69 with a nickel band with a black vulcanite p-lip stem. A bottle of Mountain Dew made with pure cane sugar is my drink. Almost time for Mad Dog Russo.

Captain Earle's Ten Russians aged 5 years in my Bjarne medium Apple pipe with a bent stem.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

A couple minutes away from smoking D&R VIP in a 2004 smooth long shank Canadian Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 with a black vulcanite stem. A bottle of Mist Twst is my drink.

Burley & Black aged 5 years in my Savinelli Trevi Rusticated 320 KS

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Granger aged over 35 years, an enjoyable smoke.

Pipe of choice: Stanwell #95. It's a carved chubby pot style but I do enjoy smoking the Stanwell Royal Guard much more. Stanwell still makes a well crafted pipe with no fills even though it's made in a factory in Italy. Same as all the Aldo Velani pipes and many others.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

What i saw the other day in my blog, weird visitors number huh?
a014.gif

2317331868018fb57e8a0e9064623855f83552bc.jpg

I am smoking Mac Baren Mixture Aromatic.

Not far from finishing this bowl of D&R Raccoon’s Accent in a smooth medium bend straight grain 2000 Winslow C silver spigot wide top Dublin with a canted plateau and black acrylic stem.

Now smoking 12 year old Penzance in a 1990s smooth Peterson Captain Pete XL80 bulldog with a black vulcanite stem and p-lip. Working and listening to The Jack Benny Program.

C&D Burley Flake #3 aged 3 years. This is a Burley in my opinion for the experienced pipe smoker. Has a tendency to get stronger mid way through and can bite if smoked to fast.

Pipe of choice: Aldo Velani full rusticated billiard pipe with a wide stem. Have not smoked this pipe in a few years, a bit heavy as I remember.

JIMINKS, your opinion on the tobacco???? Thanks, well appreciated.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Paul’s Pipe Shop Arrowhead in a 1976 black rough carved Pioneer Meerschaum Oom Paul with a pearl brown acrylic stem.

Lonecoyote":hs41ijza said:
C&D Burley Flake #3 aged 3 years. This is a Burley in my opinion for the experienced pipe smoker. Has a tendency to get stronger mid way through and can bite if smoked to fast.

Pipe of choice: Aldo Velani full rusticated billiard pipe with a wide stem. Have not smoked this pipe in a few years, a bit heavy as I remember.

JIMINKS, your opinion on the tobacco???? Thanks, well appreciated.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
I like it. Here's my review:

It's only 4 stars if you like a very strong burley blend. It could knock you off your feet if you're a fast puffer, and you risk it burning a little harsh and ashy if you do. It won't hurt to have a little food in your stomach. Do all of that, and you'll be rewarded with a powerhouse burley with all the burley notes you've come to expect (a mild sharpness, lots of earth and nuttiness and some molasses), plus a light natural Virginia grass and citrusy sweetness to take the edge off. I think there's more than just a "dash of perique" in this blend, but it really helps make this a smoke worth having. The perique adds a decent spice and raisin hit. I don't recommend this to anyone who's inexperienced in pipe smoking. But if you've been around burleys for a while and need the big nic-hit, this could be your blend. Burns cool and clean at slightly less than a moderate pace, and needs a few relights, but the flavor remains consistent to the finish. Leaves little moisture in the bowl. Won't bite.

Shit is about to get REAL!!!!! Ruins of Isengard... let it breath for 5 mins before loading the bowl of my Missouri Meerschaum Cobbet Dwarf..... Nice earthy tones... cool smoking.... my taste buds are watering.....

Thistleoak":v1wnerru said:
Shit is about to get REAL!!!!! Ruins of Isengard... let it breath for 5 mins before loading the bowl of my Missouri Meerschaum Cobbet Dwarf..... Nice earthy tones... cool smoking.... my taste buds are watering.....
Those folks at Just For Him are a great bunch! Good stuff you got there!

I'm smoking Rattray's 2014 Winter Edition in a Falcon........

Thanks JimInks, you hit it dead on! I enjoyed it and have for a while, but it's a blend for an experienced pipe smoker or a novice that needs to sip this blend. It's worth it if you pace yourself.

Alex, nice pictures, thanks for sharing. Glad you get to relax after a hard day working!!  
Forgot to mention: I received 4 oz. of Ruins of Isengard as a gift last Father's Day, superb Latakia blend. Needs a bit of drying time. Worth the trip!!

Now smoking:

My Budd III in one of my MM Legend pipes.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Alex, I enjoy a good cob, one that can last a while without burning thru the side walls...lol. I think next year I might make a few, haven't in a while but not that difficult. I do put a piece of hardwood on the bottom inside the chamber, makes all the difference. Enjoy your blend. The shame of it, maybe no more of Just For Him blends after May of 2018, lets see if the Donald steps in?????

PS
I own 2 MM Country Gentleman pipes, made very well. The legends and Pride not so much...lol

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Dunhill Elizabethan in a 2001 smooth full bend St. Patrick's Day Peterson 03 with a black vulcanite fish tail stem. Ice water and bergs is my evening drink.

Going to be busy, so I'm listing this a little early: early 2000s Charatan Mild Flake in a much cherished smooth straight grain three quarter bend 1979 Becker M 4 heart brandy with a black acrylic stem.

1st try, War Horse Green in a Lorenzo Prince -- oddly, while I get a hint of the 'Condor'-like flavor, I actually find the overall flavors far less predominate than the cocoa in the Bar :scratch: I'll see how it goes as the tin progresses

Status
Not open for further replies.