What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last of this pouch of Amphora Original (Brown) in a slight bend black sandblasted Lorenzo Elba Imperia 8636 with an amber colored acrylic stem.

Rattray's Marlin Flake dated 2009 in my Ardor Urano Lovat pipe.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

A third of the way through this bowl of Watch City Slices in a straight Lane era Charatan black with burgundy undertone sandblasted billiard 420 and a black vulcanite stem.

Last pipe of the day:

McClelland Craftsbury Frog Morton on the Town in my Savinelli 320KS Trevi pipe.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Decided to have a short smoke: Vincent Manil La Brumeuse Semois in a straight 2012 MM Pony Express cob.

Dan Tobacco Mellow Mallard in a post WW2 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 Bulldog with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem.

Uhle’s 00 in a medium bend 2000 thin stem sandblasted black silver band spigot Ardor Urano S. Holmes #68/100 D.R. briar calabash with a smooth flared top and a black acrylic stem.

Savinelli 140˚ in an undated (1980s?) unbranded straight smooth flat bottom apple with a black vulcanite stem.

Black Frigate well rubbed and rested for over an hour.

Pipe of choice: O'Donnell Algerian Briar partially rusticated custom made nosewarmer poker pipe with an orange/black Cumberland stem. This pipe is dedicated to this fine tobacco.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

About a quarter of the way through this bowl of circa 1970 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed in a 1970s three quarter bend half smooth, half rusticated Savinelli Autograph 4 with a lucite stem and ferrule.

Morning to you all. Few clouds in the sky of Athens today but this is temporary, tomorrow everything will be OK.

23760838bb7006dd8538b2cae3cce59d6959663a.jpg

Motzek Strang - Golden Gate [modified], double Greek coffee plus filtered water beside me.

John Patton's Crossroads In my no name custom made stunning Lovat pipe. This pipe is flawless in craftsmanship and a beautiful flame grain, can not believe the maker chose not to use his MARK.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
8rKscfC.jpg" style="width: 600px;height: 400px

Recently opened a Balkan Sobranie dated 1986, pipe of choice: Bjarne Giant smooth Apple pipe with a bent stem. This pipe was made for me personally. A one of a kind tobacco deserves a one of a kind pipe.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Just finished smoking Jim's Va/Bur in a 2015 Basil Meadows Bing Crosby Merchant Service replica with a smooth straight thin shank, aluminum band and black ebonite stem. A cup of Maxwell House, neat, is my drink.

C&D Burley Ribbon Cut in a 1970s slight bend black sandblasted Comoy's Silver Cloud 624 sitter with a silver pearl gray acrylic stem.

My simple anytime blend when aged for a minimum of 1 year happens too also be one of my top 10 favorites:

C&D Bayou Night 60% and Lane Burley & Black 40% aged just over 1.5 years. I smoke this like a FREIGHT TRAIN and absolutely NO bite. I pack the pipe firm 3/4 of the way and get close to a 60 minute very enjoyable smoke.

Pipe of choice: Savinelli Series III UNFINISHED BILLIARD pipe. Has 11 huge fills but it's a superb smoking pipe. I did finish the briar with Bee's wax and mineral oil mixture. I've smoked this pipe over 300 times and the briar now developed a dark chocolate color. But the fills still stand out.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

...early AM...Velvet...then, SG Skiff Mixture...now, Dunhill Durbar in a P&T 2005 POY L'Antra smooth panel Lovat :cheers:

...up next...C&D OJK... :cheers:

MM Great Dane tobacco in my Stanwell Royal Guard pipe. A stunning piece of briar.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

John Patton's Storm Front in my RDPipes Devil Anse. Custom made by our member of the BoB Ron Powell. I have accumulated many pipes over the past 48 years, this Devil Anse is one of my top 3 favorites. Not for its beauty and superb craftsmanship, but for the way it smokes.....OUTSTANDING!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.