What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished smoking Old Colonial in a medium bend beater 1979 Aalborg natural freehand made by Nording with a black vulcanite stem.

Old Companion in a smooth 1998 Parker 489 three quarter bend Billiard and a black vulcanite stem.

25126655942ab4bfa36aaa19e1b521647a01394a.jpg

House of Smoke No 7 - Buch Choquin Midnight, double Greek coffee plus cool water beside me.

...G&H Kendal Gold in an Ardor DR XL Urano Canadian... :cheers:

Just finished smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem. A bottle of Maine Root Beer made with pure cane sugar is my drink.

Half way through this bowl of Peretti Cuban Mixture in a 2016 Peretti's M.T. Natural made in Holland straight smooth brown Algerian briar billiard with a black vulcanite stem.

...D&R Three Sails in a Ser Jacopo blast Bulldog... :cheers:

Watch City Slices in a 2002 smooth Rinaldo Silver Line 3 EGER 05 paneled horn with a black acrylic stem.

McClelland Christmas Cheer 1999 in a 1980 Stanwell 668 medium bend with a multi-colored ferrule, half black sandblasted, half brown smooth, rough top with a black vulcanite stem.

Watch City Flake #558 in a smooth straight pre-transition Barling 313 T.V.F. EXEXEL pot with a black ebonite stem. Ice tea and bergs is my drink.

Iwan Ries Three Star Blue in a 2002 IMP smooth full bend egg shaped meer with a black acrylic stem.

Now smoking the last of this sample of Sutliff Lord Fairfax in a medium bend smooth paneled 2017 Turkish Meerschaum with a gold and black swirl acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my evening drink.

...War Horse Green in a Icarus Light Strawberry... :cheers:

Solani 633 in a smooth straight late 1970s Charatan 4148DC Reg. No. 203573 pot with a black double comfort vulcanite stem.

Finishing up the day with another bowl of Red VA, some McC's FM 2000 in an Edwards 34 I got from Bro Nathan last year. Perfect match again, Algerian Briar and Red Va! mmmmmm :twisted:

This morning, St Bruno Ready-Rubbed in a Sultan meer Bulldog; this evening, Coniston Cut Plug in a straight Dutch meer billiard

I've been working as a volunteer for the last four days @ the club for the USGA Amateur Four Ball Tournament as a Fore Caddy & Marshal (ya know, keepin all of those unruly golf fans in line [:)] )

Been a good opportunity to pay a little attention to my cigar humidor and enjoy a few Arturo Fuente 858's each day.

Finally got around to having my first pipe in 4 or 5 days (been passing out in the evenings after spending 8 hours out on the course walking 18 hole rounds in the 90 degree humid Carolina heat. (yeah, I know, I'm gettin old and fat)

Anyway, started out the evening with a new tin of Haunted Bookshop, despite JimInks warnings in his tobacco review of this blend I thought I'd give it a try.... Welp, it's definitely a bolder smoke than I usually enjoy. So much so that I don't really know if I like it or not. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's a great smoke for some of you out there, but just a little too strong/harsh for what I enjoy in my pipes. Guess I'll let it sit on the shelf and circle back to it every once in a while.

So..... with that being said I decided to pull down a familiar blend, to me anyway, and enjoy some D&R English Hooplah in my Calabresi Bent Dublin. Man do I enjoy this blend in this pipe. [:)]

Next in my tobacco medley was FM Across the Pond in my dedicated FM pipe, a Key Club Poker with a wonderfully thin saddle bit.

Then it was on to some Nightcap in a great little Rahm Bent Bulldog.

And now enjoying MM 965 in my Savinelli 320KS. Fantastic blend in a neat briar.

Sippin Glenrothes, neat.

Just finished smoking Seattle Pipe Club Mississippi River Reserve in a 1974 smooth slight bend Tinderbox Aalborg freehand made by Nording with a thin black vulcanite stem.

Time for a short smoke: Stokkebye Highland Whiskey in a 2013 slight bend grain etched briar John Barrett Volcano with a walnut shank and a black plastic stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.