What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tabac Manil Reserve du Patron aged 7 years in my Ardor Urano
Billiard ( DR )  pipe.

1Y0ZHiF.jpg" style="width: 500px;height: 400px

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Edgeworth Ready Rubbed era mid 70's in my no name custom made Lovat pipe. A beautiful grain and superb smoker!!

8rKscfC.jpg" style="width: 600px;height: 400px

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

...G&H Kendal Gold in a 1962 Dunhill ODA 835 shell billiard... :cheers:

Frog Morton on the Town in my :
GBD Fantasy Partially Sandblasted Billiard. I'm the original owner and purchased this pipe I believe in Georgia around 1978. Still looks like new!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake dated 2006 in my full black sandblasted/rusticated Tom Eltang Devil Anse pipe. My Ron Powell Devil Anse is a much better smoking pipe!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

John Patton's Storm Front
Aldo Velani blonde smooth Brandy bowl with an oval shank and slight bend to the wide extremely comfortable stem. This pipe is dedicated to Burley blends.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Just finished smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem. A bottle of Cheerwine is my drink.

...Lane BS-005 in a MM Mark Twain... :cheers:

A blend of FOUR different C&D Burley tobacco's aged for just over 5 years in a H.S. Studio sandblasted well balanced very dark brown bowl sitter poker pipe.
An upwards two tone black/brown shank with a bent stem. Also a piece of Olive wood was used on the shank. Another superb smoker for under $30.00 new.
The picture describes the pipe better:
wwR7R9W.jpg" style="width: 600px;height: 400px

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Just finished smoking C&D Burley Flake #4 in a 1980s Peterson 314 Full Bend black Sandblast system pipe with a black vulcanite p-lip stem. Been a busy day so far.

Now smoking MacBaren Navy Flake in a 1981 Ascorti Black Billiard Business with a military bit and pearl gray acrylic stem.

John Patton's Crossroads in a pipe I need to smoke more often.
T. Cristiano Signature Series Fatta A Mano. Absolutely a stunning grain ( flame grain and Birdseye) as well as an outstanding smoker. One of my favorites!!

A picture states it best.....
y7IAiPM.jpg" style="width: 700px;height: 400px

WBf6002.jpg" style="width: 700px;height: 400px

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

2528284009da890d400cba252833cb1af80630d7.jpg

Ladies & Gentlemen tomorrow i am starting my 3 weeks vacations, according to the schedule i will travel in two islands and maybe a third. With the grace of God when i return i will post many pipe smoking photos from each Cafe i will visit. I will be out of internet [forum] in purpose, greetings to all of you, best regards from Athens-Greece!

252828508ae9c9e380973cee0943abc47bc71560.jpg

If the admins find this inappropriate can delete the below additional post:

Today we have 16th of July here but i will tell you a story for Demetres Gogolakes also known as Captain Metrouses which died in 14th of July of 1907. Was a man which fought with bravery against the bulgarians komitadżi [those felons were like the members of the today's Isis] of IMRO-VMRO which committed atrocities to the Greeks of Macedonia under the full support and coverage from turks. At 1st of September 1906 when was working in the fields the bulgarians sneaky killed his wife and his only child inside his house to make him stop but this make him more angry and ferocious! He and his team pursued those assassins and manage to kill on of them plus other 30 bulgarians and later in 13th of July 1907 returned to Macedonia to find the leader of that gang. His name caused terror to the bulgarians that's why when they were hearing that is close to them they were calling the turks to protect them so when they heard that he is back and was inside a priests house run like cowards and called the whole turkish guard of the Serres plus 500 militia members to fight his team. The turkish Constables surround the neighbourhood and call him to surrender, Metrousis opened the door from the priest house to lure them and the stupid Chief of turkish Constable entered to arrest him but he died by the hands of captain Metrousis. Immediately the fight began and the turks set fires around the house to make him come out, captain Metrousis and his 4 member team manage to escape and entered in a church close to the priest's house. 3 Greeks took place in the Church's precinct and Metrousis with his nephew stand in the bell tower, the Greeks had no reserves, no extra ammo, no water or food but they kept defence for 5 hours against 500 turks plus the Constables. Each shot from the Greeks were well paced so each time a turk was killed or heavy injured but after 5 hours with no support or medical care and under heavy firing start to have casualties. The 3 Greeks in the front of the church wounded heavily and couldn't shoot, they collapsed so the turks manage to snatch them and after extensive torturing they hang them, the last 2 Greek were keep fighting like the Spartans in Thermopylae, desperate but determined to kill as many turks they could without any though of surrender! Captain Metrousis was kept a bullet in his side, was for him so the turks won't capture him alive but when after more than 5 hours of fire fight his nephew wounded so bad that asked from Metrousis to shoot him so the turks won't take him alive. Metrousis did it and immediately pull his knife and committed suicide [like the Harakiri] since he had no ammo to shoot the enemy and collapsed beside to his nephew. The turks waited for long time and when they saw that no one was shooting at them they came out from their barricades and climb up to the tower to find the Greek to punished them but they find only dead bodies...

2528290178d8ea9d7e6576ae125d38d3e1635846.jpg

https://youtu.be/aQ43IatgE40

Tonight i will raise my glass with red wine and my pipe in the memory of those 5 Greek heroes which died to liberate the Macedonia from bulgarians and turks. Few years later at 1912 and 1913 the Greeks after 2 Wars clear the area from those invaders and send them to Hell, one of those Greeks which fought in both of these liberate Wars was my grandfather.

Sid, you have a PM
My next pipe will Honor those FIVE Brave Heroes :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Have a second glass of wine to Honor your Grandfather

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Now smoking Peter Stokkebye Toasted Burley (No.312) in a 2003 smooth medium bend Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Baskerville with a sterling silver band and black vulcanite p-lip stem. Busy editing a few of my tobacco reviews.

In Honor of those FIVE Greek Heroes:

Rattray's Marlin Flake dated 2009 in my Ardor Urano Lovat pipe.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

A third of the way through this bowl of Stonehenge in a 2002 IMP smooth full bend egg shaped meer with a black acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my evening drink.

Wessex GOLD BRICK VIRGINIA PLUG aged 8 years In my restored Olde London chubby pot pipe.

5vsC9v2.jpg" style="width: 700px;height: 400px

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":l3af9f3m said:
My next pipe will Honor those FIVE Brave Heroes :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Have a second glass of wine to Honor your Grandfather

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Seconded! Sid, you always have interesting stories/history of all things Greek and I enjoy every one. Plus your memorable meals/pics. Please keep on sharing them.

As for what I've been smoking today - started off with the usual suspects: OGS in my humble estate Sav 316 Oscar Lucite which is dedicated to this blend.

Late morning saw some BBQ blend from one of our own highly competent blenders/pipesmiths. Used my newly acquired estate Brebbia Calabash, which came essentially brand new as well as being effectively half the price of a new one. Really a nice pipe in the plum finish.

Have some aged 5100 ready for after supper, which the ever-so-humble Stanny Legend 19 is dedicated to. And with the new stem made by Norwood it's back to its glory!

Cheers,

RR

Status
Not open for further replies.