What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in Cape Town this morning it is Dunbar in a Big Ben.
2nd cup coming up.

Couldn't sleep, so I figured I need a smoke: Sir Walter Raleigh in a 1979 straight smooth Dr. Grabow Grand Duke 45 pot with a black stem. Suzy was happy about that. She got some wet food.

Good morning from Greece, we have sun and 20°C here in Athens.

2560176868117a2597ca7a0d6579eee2244bc2db.jpg

Borkum Riff Black Cavendish.

Thank you for your kindly comments about the Hellenic Air Force. :cheers:

...earlier...R. McConnell Special London...now, Holiday Mixture in a cob...

Morning pipe of McClelland Dark Navy Flake in the Peterson 2016 Pipe of the Year.

Black coffee in the Captain's Gig.

Fair winds and following seas.

About a quarter of a bowl left of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1980s black sandblasted slight bend Savory’s Argyll 281 Cherrywood with a black vulcanite stem. A bottle of Cheerwine made with real sugar is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo.

Just finished smoking G&H Kendall Dark Vanilla in a 2013 bent MM Missouri Pride Legend with a yellow stem. Watching Perry Mason, and still fighting this cold.

Now, it's Esoterica Dorchester in a smooth straight late ‘50s, early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad, too! My second Conrad pipe.

Just finished smoking MacBaren Golden Extra in a 1983 medium bend, mostly smooth, bottom rusticated Butz-Choquin Maitre Pipier 3 Fait Main with pearl brown acrylic stem. Simply Orange is my drink.

1970s Amphora Rich in a 2002 IMP smooth full bend egg shaped meer with a black acrylic stem.

Irish Oak that I jarred up 5 years ago after not particularly caring for it. Age was kind to it & it's turned into a very enjoyable blend. It's still has a bit more of a dryer flavor character than I prefer but I am noticing much more depth here than before when it was fresh. Smoking it in a Stanwell Lovat shaped Trio.

Been enjoying checking out the new Amphora. Only 2 pipes into it and it goes down a treat. First in my Tinsky '15 BoB POTY, and today in my estate Ser Jacopo Per Aspera Cherrywood with repaired stem (courtesy of Mike Myers, and you'd never know it was broken by a klutz!).

Have some Night Train awaiting after supper, which the ever-trusty Wiley Rhody/Dub will be up for the task!

Cheers,

RR

...earlier...LC Virginia & Oriental...now, McC #27 in a '82 gp.4 Dunhill Cumberland Brandy...

A quarter of the way through this bowl of D&R Raccoon’s Delight in a smooth 1976 Canadian GBD Seventy Six 256 with a black vulcanite stem. More orange juice to drink. Watching Nature on PBS.

Now smoking Jim’s A Blend in a 1980 three quarter bend long stem Ascorti New Dear KS egg with a black acrylic stem.

Just finished smoking 2012 Louisiana Red in a 2003 medium bend Nording 4 rough top sitter with a small rusticated area at the top left and a black vulcanite stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.