What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too far from finishing this bowl of VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite stem. A cup of Maxwell House, neat, is my drink on this cold and damp day.

Smoked some Orlik Mellow Mixture in a cob this afternoon while enjoying the day out in the yard watching some guy try to maneuver his boat in 3 ft deep water!  A little further up the inlet he got stuck.  He must not have had a depth finder on his boat or else he would not have ventured up our way.  Or, maybe he missed going up the main channel.  The main channel bends slightly to the left if you are heading towards Warsaw, and to the right is the inlet we are on.  30 ft. deep on the main, usually 4 to 8 ft. deep in the inlet!  The lake is about 2 ft. below what is normal pool for this time of year.  I checked the water level at our dock yesterday and it was about 2 1/2 ft.  I bet the lower unit of his motor is full of mud.  He did manage to get the boat turned around and headed back out.  It didn't sound so good passing by my place!

Almost a quarter of the way through this bowl of Esoterica Dorchester in a smooth straight late ‘50s, early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad, too! My second Conrad pipe. A cup of hot tea is my drink as I'm still fighting this cold.

2 pipes this afternoon: John Patton Dark Horse in my old Savinelli Estella and C&D Cube Cut Burley (thanks to @corncobcon) in my Comoys, both were delicious

9a635487f66600190bd6d1b49df5fa5e.jpg" style="width: 478px;height: 288px

RO's Balkan Sobranie match in another of my old Jarls. Very nice, even tho it's not Sobranie

...earlier...SWR...now, Sutliff (formerly A&C Peterson)Mark Twain in a MM Mark Twain...

Relaxing after a wonderful shrimp dinner with a bowl of Watch City Deluxe Crumb Cut in a 2016 Peretti's M.T. Natural made in Holland straight smooth brown Algerian briar billiard. Ice water and bergs is my evening drink.

Royal Jersey Perique Mixture in a Mastro de Paja bent Dublin.

Corncobcon":2gxz8ucs said:
Smoking G&H Best Brown #2 in my Luca Vanetti Natural Billiard.

Hey AK, glad you liked the Burley.
So good. What do you think of the Brown #2?

Almost half way through this bowl of P&W #515 in a 1998 smooth straight Butz-Choquin Bistro 1501 pot with a black vulcanite stem.

This afternoon, Dreams of Kadath in an MM Diplomat; this chilly evening, Balkan Beauty in an MM Legend

Now smoking Wilke High Hat in a 2002 Ser Jacopo Delecta Fatta A Mano R1 sandblast Rhodesian with a smooth extension at the shank with a black acrylic stem.

Part way through this bowl of Peretti DD in a 1970s slight bend black sandblasted Comoy's Silver Cloud 624 sitter with a silver pearl gray acrylic stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.