What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the old puffer in high gear today. So far I've smoked some Moe's Confetti in my Rossi, then it was Dark & Stormy in a MM cob, and now I'm smoking Comoy's Cask No. 11 in a Caselloni Integro bent pot. Between the 2nd and 3rd smokes I had to break for lunch. I devoured a scrambled egg sandwich on home made rye bread along with choco chip cookies and a a mug of coffee!

Enjoying some Stonehaven in the Peterson's Dalkey. Pils Urquel to wet the swab.

Enjoy your Friday Pipers.

'12 Solani (yellow) in my estate Ser Jacopo Per Aspira Cherrywood. This 'baccy is a little drier than I'd like and may be re-hydrating it.

Cheers,

RR

Morley's Best in one of my least attractive but best smoking pipes, a Jean Lacroix straight bulldog, shape 57. This tobacco is like ambrosia after attempting to deal with Big n' Burley, which I find harsh.

Now smoking 2013 Stonehaven in a straight sandblasted pre-transition Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver band and a black ebonite military bit.

<table style="max-height: 1e+06px; word-wrap: break-word; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline: 0px; font-size: 13.8px; background: 0px 0px rgb(255, 252, 247); border-collapse: collapse; border-spacing: 0px; table-layout: fixed; width: 715px; color: rgb(91, 87, 73); font-family: Verdana, Arial;"><tr style="background: 0px 0px; max-height: 1e+06px; word-wrap: break-word; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 13.8px;"><td class="content" style="max-height: 1e+06px; word-wrap: break-word; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 20px; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline: 0px; font-size: 13.8px; vertical-align: top;">
C&D Engine 99 in a Sailor straight stack. The last of dinnertime chardonnay alongside. Not the best hydraulic accompaniment, but it's better than water.
</td></tr><tr style="background: 0px 0px; max-height: 1e+06px; word-wrap: break-word; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 13.8px;"><td class="foot" style="max-height: 1e+06px; word-wrap: break-word; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 10px; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline: 0px; font-size: 13.8px; height: 1px; vertical-align: bottom;"></td></tr></table>

Mac Baren Plumcake in an Osage Orange Warden. Ice water to drink.

Just finishing this bowl of Wilke 47th Street in a 2003 medium bent Ural meer with a lined and etched egg shaped bowl with a silver band and a pearl brown acrylic stem.

Now smoking D&R Two Timer Gold in a smooth full bend 1977 Crown Coachman 215 egg with a black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my evening drink. This quick smoke should get me to dinner time.

Richard Burley":y54ximhk said:
Morley's Best in one of my least attractive but best smoking pipes, a Jean Lacroix straight bulldog, shape 57. This tobacco is like ambrosia after attempting to deal with Big n' Burley, which I find harsh.
Yes, I've had the same experience Rich. Pity that, as the overall flavour is nice enough. Perhaps it needs more ageing?

Have some aged Night Train awaiting for after supper. Think I'll try it out in my newish estate Randy Wiley Galleon 1/2 Bent Partial Rusticated Bulldog from the Blue Room boyz!

Cheers,

RR

Relaxing after a wonderful shrimp and mashed potatoes with sweet corn dinner as I enjoy a bowl of 2010 McClelland Black Parrot in a 2015 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend tomato military mount with an aluminum accent, Woolly Mammoth horn ferrule, and cumberland p-lip stem. Watching the Olympics.

...earlier...Barking Dog Match...now, Lane Burley & Black in a Don Carlos blast Canadian...

Now smoking 1960s John Middleton Walnut in a medium bend raw sienna toned early Radice sandblast egg with bamboo carving on the shank and a black acrylic stem.

Now smoking Esoterica Dorchester in a smooth straight WW2 Pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem.

Old Gowrie in my Wellpipe -- not a pipe I smoke too often, the faux P-lip isn't all that comfortable, and it's the wettest-smoking pipe I have. On the other hand, it has more associations for me than most of my pipes -- I bought it in March 1978 in Harrogate (UK), and the first time I smoked it was on the flight back to JFK (not going to be able to do that again!). It was also the first really 'good' pipe I bought (as opposed to those I took from my father or was given by my then-girlfriend). Well worth smoking for the memories!

I remember those days. You could pretty much smoke anywhere. One of the things I also miss is the scent of tobacco in downtown banks and office buildings that seemed to have penetrated the walls. There didn't have to be anyone smoking. I liked it.

Now smoking Wilke's Pipemaker's Choice in a black sandblasted Ser Jacopo straight apple. Pleasant, kind of a watching-a-movie blend.

C&D Yorktown in a brown straight smooth Paul Perri billiard with a black acylic tapered stem.

Just finished HH Latakia flake in  my canted waist stack.

Now smoking Angler's Dream in a slight bend 1984 Stanwell Antique 124 grain etched with a smooth front with a black vulcanite stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.