What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last smoke of the day is Wilke Blend 2 in a 1979 no name French briar smooth full bend egg with a black vulcanite stem.

Beautiful pipe!
Here at the southern tip of Africa, I have Amphora Full Aroma in a Comoys billiard at the moment.

258928861fbaec2d2a17ee7f601358bb2e9cb3a7.jpg

DTM Mellow Mallard.

...earlier...R. McConnell Special London...now, C&D Yorktown in a Neerup Classic smooth Cherrywood...coffee on the side...

Enjoyed a bowl of Dunbar in the Rusticated Peterson POY 2016. Nothing to drink today as we walked in the park on this cloudy, grey drizzle-filled morning.

Sitting outside, *85 clear skies with a slight breeze and smoking Union Square w/ a ginger beer. 8)

Breaking in a new MM Stubby with some McClelland's Katerini Classic.

Finally back home after a long day. Had a couple bowls of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter with a black vulcanite stem.

A quarter of the way through this bowl of Jim’s C Blend in a smooth medium bend straight grain 2001 Karl Erik Ekstravagant brandy with a leaf engraved silver band and a black acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my evening drink.

Old Colonial in a 1979 smooth natural signed Rossi 1886 OomPaul 124 with an amber acrylic stem.

Today I smoked 2 bowls of 2013 C&D Burley Flake #3 in a Moretti Rhodesian

...earlier...CH...now, Lane Burley in a '10 gp.6 Dunhill shell "Oxford" panel billiard...Earl Grey on the side

A third of the way through this bowl of McCranie’s 1983 Red Ribbon in an unbranded '70s Charatan smooth straight Billiard with a black vulcanite stem. Watching the Braves-Nats game, 10-5 Braves leading in the 4th inning.

JimInks":4n4qmiwf said:
DrT999":4n4qmiwf said:
JimInks":4n4qmiwf said:
Last smoke of the day is Sutliff J4 Burley in a 2013 straight MM Missouri Pride Legend with a black stem. Doing some research on Ellery Queen.
The character or the creators?
Both. I found a couple of fascinating articles on the subject, one quite lengthy: https://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstream/handle/2027.42/117689/AkersJordan.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

I also started a thread on this forum in the Arts and Entertainment section.
I look forward to reading them!

St Bruno Flake in a Lee van Cleef meer

Just finished smoking 2014 Sutliff Court of St, James in a smooth straight late ‘50s, early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad, too! My second Conrad pipe. That's a long smoke, folks!

About half way through this bowl of Skandivanik Regular in a 2015 smooth unfinished Savinelli 320KS author with a black vulcanite stem. This later production is different from what I smoked in the 1970s.

The last of a sample of Tom Eltang English in a Sasieni 79 shape Windsor.

2012 Anniversary Kake in a smooth medium bend 1979 Chippendale (Charatan second) Rhodesian 49 with a black vulcanite stem.

Last smoke of the day is Angler's Dream in a slight bend 1984 Stanwell Antique 124 grain etched with a smooth front with a black vulcanite stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.