What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished smoking Wilke #515 in a 2003 IMP horn Meer with a black acrylic stem.

Now smoking half a bowl of Edgeworth Slices in a 1984 medium bend black grain etched Savinelli Non Pareil 9310 poker with a horn ferrule and a black vulcanite stem. This will finish the sample.

Now smoking 2014 Sutliff Court of St, James in a smooth straight late ‘50s, early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad, too! My second Conrad pipe. Watching the Mariners-Angels game, tied 6-6 in the 9th.

Now smoking Sam Gawith FVF in a 2014 Savinelli Gaius smooth brown slight bend black acrylic stem and ferrule 320KS author. The Mariners just tied the game in the 11th, 8-8. Each team has scored in the 9th, 10th and 11th.

Part way through this bowl of Sutliff J4 Burley in a 1970’s smooth Savinelli Non Pareil 9574 Oom Paul with a horn ferrule and a black vulcanite stem. Watching Terror By Night with Rathbone and Bruce.

Now smoking Wilke Vermont Maple Cavendish in a medium bend egg 2017 Royal Meerschaum Dragon meer with a black and cream swirl amber colored acrylic stem. I may finish the night with this smoke. Watching Hopalong Cassidy.

26015493d4a092c16ec6c5c5cb20393bf00acf04.jpg

Skandinavik Vanilla.

...earlier...Sutliff Queen Anne's Revenge...now, G&H Kendal Gold in a '62 Dunhill 835 ODA shell billiard...coffee on the side...

A blend of McClelland 5100 and Marlin Flake that has been marinating for 5 years together. Smoked in a billiard by Briar Spirit.

Good looking pipe Hiram-2011.

Walt

Back in 1928 a cruise ship made a stop in Crete of Greece and when it departed for the rest of the tour a father by surprise found that by a misunderstanding his boy has been left behind! Suddenly the local people found a 12 year old black boy crying alone in the dock, due to their hospitality spirit they took care of him giving shelter food and a small job to earn his pocket money. After 6 months the boy travelled back to USA to find his family but those 6 months learned some Greek language phrases and when he became a musician he took a Greek song of 1920 era that heard those days back in Crete and put his music style on it.

Ladies and Gentlemen here is Slim Gaillard and the song "Tee Say Mallee" ["τι σε μελλει"] which means in Greek "why do you care?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3yjs7PKogI

26017412885a1d86134ace666aa95032ccb7a6d9.jpg

I am smoking W.O. Larsen Indigo Easy Flake in an Olive pipe with 6mm balsa filter, cool water beside me.

Just finishing this bowl of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem.

Just finished smoking Old Colonial in a medium bend beater 1979 Aalborg natural freehand made by Nording with a black vulcanite stem. Been busy throwing cat nip toys and ear plugs for Suzy and Molly to run after while watching the Giants beating the Braves 4-1 in the 6th. A bottle of Cheerwine made with pure cane sugar is my drink.

Now smoking MacBaren HH Burley Flake in a 2002 medium bend smooth Rinaldo EGEA 03 Silver line spigot 10 with a black acrylic stem. Suzy got tired of running around the den, and now wants to lay on this computer. I think she's a bit jealous.

Now smoking 2014 Solani 633 in a smooth straight early 1960s Lane era Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Ice tea and bergs is my drink.

Now smoking 2010 McClelland Black Parrot in a 2015 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend tomato military mount with an aluminum accent, Woolly Mammoth horn ferrule, and cumberland p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my evening drink.

Holiday Spirit (2013) in a flame grain, plateau rimmed bent Dublin by Briar Spirit.

Walt

Status
Not open for further replies.