What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
About to put on a DVD and smoke some Barbary Coast in a Peterson Silver Army Mount 80s.

I'm looking forward to having a few pipes today. Hopefully I can fight the urge to open up another tin in the cellar. :lol:

MacB's Navy Flake in a Tim West.

I noticed that my wife was ordering something from smokingpipes.com today. I also noticed a GLP logo.....

Abingdon in a Savinelli Polo Billiard.Good end to a very good day!
Tony

The usual -- Embarcadero in billiards. A Haymarket era Loewe and a similarly old Parker Straightgrain "A." Both of which are re-breaking in nicely after Lat Man refurbs & re-stems. Gooooood stuff :D :D :D

:face:

Well I broke down and opened another tin...

Embarcadero in a Wolfgang chunky bent billiard. I now understand what all the fuss was about. This is some killer stuff. Probably one of the richest and smoothest VA's I've smoked to date. I'm looking forward to exploring this one for sure.

Nice work Greg.

Sam Gawith Turkish Mix in a Manx meerschaum. Sort of a squat version of the Peterson 303. Uses the dry system also. I am trying to build up the bottom with some pipe mud. The former owner in the UK, was pretty hard on this old pipe with a pocket knife.

Smoking some more Embarcadero, this time in a Peterson Standard System 303. I think when I get my Dunhill back from LL I may dedicate it to this blend. That's the procedure right Yak? :lol:

jhuggett":tc9rzcgj said:
when I get my Dunhill back from LL I may dedicate it to this blend. That's the procedure right Yak? :lol:
I have the notion of doing the very same thing. Have a nice Parker group 3 and Stanwell regd group 4 that will be going to SWND (east) very soon for the Yak procedure, and they will both become E pipes. (as an aside, I think the two finest Pease blends are the recent Embarcadero and soon to be Maduro cut cake, both deserve to have pipes dedicated to them :D )

Watching the Packers Vs Rams, preparing a bowl of Bobs choc flake (surprise surprise) in my birthyear dinhill 6120

Ah sunday!!

Solani Aged Burley flake in an Ashton XXX Sovereign. This pipe really makes burleyweed sing!

Chief Catoonah's Tobacco Shop's own "Joe's Morning Blend" in a Rolando Negoita oompaul/pick axe...

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Twelve hour day,I'm tired-I think I deserve a smoke.I think it's a going to be a bowl of Star of the East,in a largish R.Wiley Galleon Dublin,and a bottle of water.....
maybe a Va/Per,tho....off to the cellar....
Tony

Smoking some more Embarcadero, this time in a Peterson Standard System 303. I think when I get my Dunhill back from LL I may dedicate it to this blend. That's the procedure right Yak?

Bingo ! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I have the notion of doing the very same thing. Have a nice Parker group 3 and Stanwell regd group 4 that will be going to SWND (east) very soon for the Yak procedure, and they will both become E pipes.

Bingo Again ! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

as an aside, I think the two finest Pease blends are the recent Embarcadero and soon to be Maduro cut cake, both deserve to have pipes dedicated to them

You took the words right out of my mouth, Pee Dee :D

Seriously. About the time you're pulling up to the two-ounce mark in a given pipe, it starts getting even better than you thought it could be. Lord only knows what lies ahead. But Vito's expressed the opinion that, in light of its components, it should be hitting its peak at around the twenty year mark. This being the case, the first half-pound is earmarked for opening in 2027 ; now I'm back-filling for dates in between then and now.

I strongly suspect that this and Sliced Maduro Cake are going to be splitting the pipe collection between them.

The morning smoke today is Rose of Latakia in a Castello Trademark rhodesian, cup of Folgers, black.

It will be Orlik Golden sliced in this old Stanwell #49 in a moment

1037975036_90e108dcc8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.