What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even' All, Uhle's 300, in my only Charatan saddle-bit Dublin, gifted by our own Mike M., Thanx Mike! Ken.
Pacem en Puffing! 8) :santa:

Embarcadero in a Tsuge Tokyo. I don't think I've smoked anything else since I opened this tin!

Chief Catoonah's "Bailey's Reserve" in a huuuuge no name billiard...

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

I am enjoying a bowl of 2015 lol Next up will be some marlin flake that I just goot from another BOB. Thanks again and boy do I enjoy this tobacco and have since I started smoking a pipe. :lol: :cyclops: :cheers:

Afternoon All, Old Joe Krantz, in my Cellini Calabash, Ken.
Pacem en Puffing! 8) :santa:

Just had a nice visit with Mike Smith up at the Pipe & Pint in Greensboro, NC and smoked Walnut in a Perry Mountain Laurel Poker and a Kaywoodie GF POY.
At Mike's recommendation I picked up a six pack of Bell's Double Cream Stout.
I also puuchased a now discontinued 100g tin of Dark Strong Kentucky that will be put back for a treat one day.

Solani Aged Burley Flake in my Radice Bark Canadian

I had a bowl of Solani aged burley flake this morning in my Joel Shapiro saddle billiard, a great combination.

What did you think of the Solani compared to the Wessex Tin man? To me it's more complex, darker tasting and also has more floral notes and is not as raw tasting as the wessex. I'm liking this one a lot!

Puff Daddy":bc89bns5 said:
I had a bowl of Solani aged burley flake this morning in my Joel Shapiro saddle billiard, a great combination.

What did you think of the Solani compared to the Wessex Tin man? To me it's more complex, darker tasting and also has more floral notes and is not as raw tasting as the wessex. I'm liking this one a lot!
Well, it was my very first bowl of ABF today and I like it very much. It is beautifully presented in the tin and it smells terrific in the tin and also while smoking it. It tastes very good too, all the way to the bottom of the bowl. Not as sweet as WBF but never bitter. I haven't decided if it is more "complex" than WBS, but as I make my way through the tin I will ponder that notion.

I will say one thing about ABF vs. WBS though. ABF is much stronger in nicotine delivery than WBS, at least to my body chemistry. I don't think I could smoke ABF twice in the same day but I easily can with WBS. FWIW. :pipe:

H&H Ten To Midnight in a Tinsky 2005 Christmas pipe. At the present time, this is my favorite Balkan blend. It's a crumble cake, so it does take a little work to prepare, but it's well worth it.

Smokey

Long Golden Flake in a Peterson 80s Silver Army Mount.

Even' All, Two pipes so far to-nite, Perfection Plug Burley[Uhle's], in an old Weber Lovat smooth blonde finish, Haddo's in my huge Jobert's olive wood OMM-PAUL, Ken.
Pacem en Puffing! ;) :santa:

Weather finally turned decent! Had several bowls of Penzance, Arcadia, FMOTT, and my jar 'baccy in a big Hardcastle bent, Savinelli bulldog, and Charatan billiard. FTRPLT

Status
Not open for further replies.