What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To-nite at my myg. of SHPC, a bowl of Somerset fl. in my Sav. Auto. #4, and in my Ashton bent bill.a new mix. of said club, " Grimpen Mire" a fanststic blend, of Va./ Burley , unflavored Cavandish and Perique , Perique stayed throught the smoke, great job Neil, Ken :tongue: :santa:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: :santa:

pipetongue1":4xvhj9m0 said:
To-nite at my myg. of SHPC, a bowl of Somerset fl. in my Sav. Auto. #4, and in my Ashton bent bill.a new mix. of said club, " Grimpen Mire" a fanststic blend, of Va./ Burley , unflavored Cavandish and Perique , Perique stayed throught the smoke, great job Neil, Ken :tongue: :santa:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: :santa:
So when do the rest of us who aren't fortunate enough to live close to the SHPC get a shot at this new blend? I have the two blends offered on smoking pipes, G.H. and V.R.

Just left Edward's shop here in Tampa with a tin of Stanwell "Melange"
Tin states: A modern approach to a tradtional mixture. Black Cavendish, toasted Burley, Orientals and bright Virginia.
Smoking it now in a GBD "Fantasy"

Last night, had a bowl of Exhausted Rooster in an Ashton bent brandy. I smoked it in the garage...

and it was good.

Wow! I just came in from the back yard, where I thoroughly enjoyed some rubbed out Black Woods Flake in a Stanwell Nanna Ivaarson. With strong black coffee, my faithful dog prancing about with her stuffed duck toy, and the Alaskan morning slowly unfolding and diffusing, light from broken sky refracting off of new fallen snow... it was truly sublime in a transcendental sort of way...

Bliss.

Trout Bum":2p4n8hnc said:
Wow!...Black Woods Flake... strong black coffee... it was truly sublime in a transcendental sort of way...

Bliss.
Far out man!

Soon I'll be puffing some FVF that I jarred back in February & just popped the top on, the aroma was as TB described above, can't wait to light it up.
I'll have it in my old full bent basket pipe which smokes Flakes oh so well.

mark":anhtijay said:
Stopped by a State Trooper at a road block, I had a bag of luxury bullseye flake on the seat of my truck,,,stated he'd never seen anything like it,,,,told me he smokes IQ and Prince Albert,,,tonight he's smoking bullseye flake,,,you meet pipe smokers in the darndest places,,,,
Tonight I'm enjoying some butternut burley in a cob,,,
After reading the first sentence, I was sure the story would end with you face down on the road with half a dozen burley (and we're talking size here, not the leaf!) COPs sitting on you as a drug dog checks out your car.
:lol!:

I'm heading out to the fire pit in the woods with a Brissitt Lovat with Bracken flake cut into little cubes, and some really fine Dragon Well green tea.

Natch

Smoking some McConnell Scottish in an unnamed pipe.. She smokes Virginias good... I can't tell ya the brand, she's going out in a Secret Santa box friday/saturday..(Yes I will clean it)... I really like this pipe and shouldn't give it away, but I suspect the man getting it will like it more than I do... He's said so without realizing it. Anyhoot, I had to give her one more whirl before we parted ways.

Looong day. 'bout to zone out to some older Embarcadero in a Tinsky bullmoose.

Buddy

It's raining here in the Atomic City and I'm on night shift. Soon (very soon I hope) I'm going out on the porch of the Municipal Building and fire up some Boswell Northwoods in a GBD Virgin bent Bulldog.

Sounds like a fine idea - I'll join you in a bowl of Northwoods - I will forgo the porch though (35 degrees here :)

GH Rum Flake in a Mike Brissett Rhodesian... Thanks again Natch!

Going to have to give this one some time but I like it so far but have a feeling it may really blossom after a few bowls.

C&D Epiphany in a Winslow Crown 300 Smooth Billiard! Aged for about 8 months, the tobacco taste in Epiphany awakens considerably, as the aromatic (?) component recedes farther to the background. This is a good thing.

Good to know that about Epiphany - I have a pound aging that I originally found a little too aromatic & sweet. Anyway, I now have Louisiana Red in a Chris Reynolds straight billiard on the roast.

Loading up a bowl of Uhle's PPB in a Kaywoodie Handmade saddle bit billiard.

Status
Not open for further replies.