What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulk No.2045 Oriental Mixture
Brand: McClelland
Blender: McClelland Tobacco Company
Tin Description: This is a soft and sweet, rich in light Orientals and Carolina tobaccos with less Latakia than No.2040.
Country of Origin: US
Curing Group: Flue Cured
Contents:
Virginia
Latakia
Oriental
Cut: Broken Flake
Packaging: Bulk

That is what they say:
Smells great in the baggie it is very moist and sticky, yet packs and smoke cool and dry.
I think it is very aromatic. It is a excellent smoke in my opinion. I has a smoky taste packs well burns good and slow once lit. Women should love in the house. I smoked a bowl full in the back yard looking over my garden plot. Truly enjoyed it.

It makes an excellent Bumble be attractant as well. About midway the bowl I had Bumble Bees all around the place. My Nicotene level presently very very
Ed :drunken:

University fl.'05, Thanx,Jim,in my Tom Dunn Barclay-Rex long shanked pot, Ken :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue:

FVF in a Missouri Pride. DGT
Bulk No.2045 Oriental Mixture in the same Meerschaum. DGT
Funny way to smoke I guess but nothing gets Hot and I get to compare tastes.

C&D Haunted Bookshop in a brand new MM Cobb with a Church Warden Stem I bought on Ebay. This stuff is fabulous. It don't taste like a cigarette to me. Burley, red Va., Perique. Taste so good makes you want to slap yourself.
Sitting on the back porch drinking iced tea sampling Box Pass watching the critters flit around, life is good.
Ed

^^^

I felt the same about HB Ed...which reminds me, I need to order some more tobacco tonight!

Oh yeah...Chelsea morning in the evening in a Larsen brandy.

Thanks to my most generous tobacconist and friend Jeff, I smoked my first bowl of Balkan Sobranie White today. I was very impressed to say the least and I think I have a good idea of how to blend something similar. The BS I smoked reminded me a lot of HH Vintage Syrian, but was much smoother, and of course has Yenidje unlike the HH Vintage. I am thinking of making a mixture using Orient 996 and HH Vintage Syrian, but will have to play around a little to find a good ratio. In theory, it seems to my taste that I can blend something close though. More will follow!

-Scott

GLP Westminster (date on bottom of tin 12/12/07) in a un-smoked gourd Calabash another ebay win for $37.00.

IMHO the best tobacco I ever smoked. It is not wet it is not dry it is just right. This is high quality tobacco. It packs easily and lights up great. There is a very strong smoked wood scent to this tobacco, like sitting by the campfire when you open the tin at first.

Taste it starts out with rich, creamy, smoky progresses to sweet about mid bowl kinda nutty flavor smooth not over powering finishes with just tasty puffs all the way to the bottom of the bowl. I'm tempted to smoke another bowl tomorrow and not say anything. But I won't. I Hope some is left for everyone to try.

I admit I haven't read the tin so I don't know what I'm supposed to be trying to taste. I'm not gong to read this tin either, but I am going to read the ones I get in my next order from PipesandCigars over and over again while smoking this truly fulfilling Blend.
Get You Some! You will be Glad You Did.

Squadron Leader in a 1926 Dunhill #120. I had forgotten how much I like this stuff :D

GarWood":42hovmpm said:
Squadron Leader in a 1926 Dunhill #120. I had forgotten how much I like this stuff :D
https://www.brothersofbriar.com/the-trading-post-f14/nearly-a-full-tin-of-squadron-leader-i-d-like-to-swap-t8208.htm

FYI thought you might be interested no harm intended.
Ed

PegLegEd":8vox2mvm said:
GarWood":8vox2mvm said:
https://www.brothersofbriar.com/the-trading-post-f14/nearly-a-full-tin-of-squadron-leader-i-d-like-to-swap-t8208.htm

FYI thought you might be interested no harm intended.
Ed
Thanks, I hadn't seen that yet :face:

In my Dunnie Tan Blast Calabash, University fl. '05, Thanx Jim, Ken :tongue:

I've got some C&D Epiphany in a meer with OJ and McChrystal's snuff on the side for my head cold.

Smokey

Smokey, McChrystal's O&G will cure what ails you! (Feel better soon, of course.)

For me, Granger in my Stan Golden Danish Dublin.

For me, Granger in my Stan Golden Danish Dublin.

I knew I liked You for some reason.
ed

MacBaren Scottish Mixture in my Peterson Deluxe 9S Peter WD memorial pipe 8)

Whilst going and coming from my in-laws grave site Silver fl. in my Kaywoodie bent 150 Anniversary pipe, in my Castello 65 SR KKKK op, the proto of Marakesh Cafe '04, Ken :tongue:

petersons irish flake in an unmarked churchwarden, balkan saseini in a stanwell 86 on deck for later.

Status
Not open for further replies.