What do you do for a living

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am currently an influencer of young minds!... I just graduated this past year in the major of Music Education and am now a Band Director at a high school. Oh it is so much fun finding different ways to keep kids interested in music since everybody wants to be that Million dollar football player when they get older. Being my first year in teaching everything is going better than expected and I could not have asked for a better school to teach at then the one I currently am... Heres hoping everything stays that way! :) :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Currently looking for a part-time day job, but my full-time passion is music. I play bass in a local band.

i'm the Texas sales manager for an electrolyte replenishment beverage used by atheletes

Nuun_tubes.jpg

Great product, Fun company, awesome customers. I started out last March as a "brand ambassador" doing in store demos and on site events at races and sports/health expos. Have been a wine salesman since I got out of college so this is a very refreshing change from the ball busting back breaking demands of the wine business. Now I get to take that experience to help bring gain exposure and distribution for my new brand.

went to college for computer programming, dropped out in the second year and went to film school, worked doing location sound for film for awhile then bills piled up and I had to get a more consistent job so now I'm a data analyst at a huge company until my wife finishes school and starts making the big bucks then back to film I go, hopefully.

Hey Othr, I spent 12 years as a high school band director. Good way to make a living I think. I think back to those good old days. Glad to see a fellow band guy and pipe smoker on here.

bazsup":fjoue2r9 said:
Hey Othr, I spent 12 years as a high school band director. Good way to make a living I think. I think back to those good old days. Glad to see a fellow band guy and pipe smoker on here.
Did you get burned out?

Senior R&D manager of biotechnology development for industries engaged in large-scale manufacturing of chemicals and biofuels using microbial processes. Currently unemployed and looking for the next great opportunity. Had a secure job with a fortune 500 company, then joined a biotech startup for 3 years, and here I am.

One benefit to being unemployed...my PAD is in check...almost...bought two pipes recently.

Steve

Hobie,

Didn't get burned out but became a school superintendent (couple of administrative jobs between here and there). We all make choices, I often regret giving up band directing.

I currently own a small boutique wine/liquor store. I say currently because the economy is about to force me (and my small but dedicated staff) to unemployment. I think the lower Hudson Valley all went to the same AA meeting!

hobie1dog":pwfoz4a4 said:
bazsup":pwfoz4a4 said:
Did you get burned out?
I think he graduated. :lol:

I need a graduation then, I'm definitely burned out...crispy-crittter, somebody eject me out of this toaster I'm stuck in. :shock:

hobie1dog":39t68f4c said:
I need a graduation then, I'm definitely burned out...crispy-crittter, somebody eject me out of this toaster I'm stuck in. :shock:
I have been doing the samething for a number of years and I too can say it gets old sometimes but I like to eat and sleep under a roof, you have to work to be a productive member of society. I just don't understand guys who complain about a job that all they have to do is leave, if you are not leaving, how bad could it be? Maybe you just don't like to work? Maybe you just like to complain? No offense at all but just leave if it is as bad as you say. Again, no offense meant just my opinion.

Ricky Webb (smokey1)

Right, Smokey, it gets old every day. Work was meant to suck, hence the term "work."

I'm a night stocker at a supermarket, used to work front end, dairy, and produce. Before that, I was a cashier for seven years, six of them in fast food. Worked nights at a c-store for less than two weeks after that, it ended with me getting robbed and subsequently fired. Been in retail hell for eleven years, what can I say, it's a living not a career.

Holidays suck in particular, but I like the extra pay.

This is a great thread, lots and lots of experience here from all sides.

I started out in the restaurant business as an employee, then ran two of my own restaurants until the "best friend" I was running them with turned. Went into University catering then Corporate cafeterias. I won't do the latter again. decided to change careers so I became a computer trainer with CompUSSR and have been in Career Education since. I do lots of IT stuff on the side and sell my salsa every chance I get.

Looking forward to the next adventure.

Blue Max":iqmw2c7y said:

I started out in the restaurant business as an employee, then ran two of my own restaurants until the "best friend" I was running them with turned. Went into University catering then Corporate cafeterias. I won't do the latter again. decided to change careers so I became a computer trainer with CompUSSR and have been in Career Education since. I do lots of IT stuff on the side and sell my salsa every chance I get.

I look forward to starting my real career--wait, that'd just be another job to suffer through. Guess I'm really looking forward to retirement--no, I'll just have to work myself to death. Okay, I'm looking forward to my next day off, this Tuesday. That'll do it, and getting my check on Wednesday.

Greenleaf":4aqeq7na said:
Blue Max":4aqeq7na said:

I look forward to starting my real career--wait, that'd just be another job to suffer through. Guess I'm really looking forward to retirement--no, I'll just have to work myself to death. Okay, I'm looking forward to my next day off, this Tuesday. That'll do it, and getting my check on Wednesday.
Same here!

I wash windows in a small town, but I plan on going to seminary in the fall, and hope to be a professor some day. I want to train pastors abroad, actually, and may get my first chance on a trip to Zambia this coming spring.