What is your favorite cigar?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott:
Your avatar statement.....
" Unfortunately I've only experienced aromatic blends to this point (pier 26 a vanilla blend being my favorite)along with the over the counter type pouches of stuff like Captain Black (sorry!!!), which is why I'm here."

You should consider Billy Budd and you may also consider grinding up about an inch of your favorite stick into flake and adding some as a condiment to a good rich all around blend like Engine 99 for the added cigar condiment flavor. It's just something I do on a regular basis. I always have a jar with flaked Partagas Black Label handy. A one inch section in a coffee grinder for a one second grind goes a long way and it will keep you and your pipes mighty happy.

LIPIPE":nekkkgnk said:
you may also consider grinding up about an inch of your favorite stick into flake and adding some as a condiment to a good rich all around blend
A little ground up Swisher Sweet for that Fine Cigar Leaf 'something special'. :mrgreen:

Ok, serious now. I prefer mostly Maduros, but a good Te-amo, Partagas, or Romeo Y Julietta will always work. Here lately i've been torn between the CAO MX2 Robusto, Padilla La Terraza Maduro, or Ashton Aged Maduros.

For the $4-$5 price tag, the Perdomo Lot 23 is one hell of a good cigar! Leave it to Nick Perdomo to make a cigar for the working man, that taste's as good as some $12-$18 sticks! :cheers:

Been smoking Dutch Master Honey Sports for almost 10 years now. They are 4 for $4.25, maybe I am just simple, maybe I am just tight, but at two or three a day I need to stick to something cheap.

Regards,
Jim

The Perdomo Lot 23 series is an exceptional cigar, but for the price, they are outstanding! When purchased by the box online at Cigar Place, they come out to $3.40 per stick. At your local B&M expect to pay around $5.00.

IMO, these sticks are comparable to some sticks in the $10-$15 range, and in some cases are much better. The Connecticut is the milder version, the Maduro a spicy version, and the Natural somewhere in between the two.

Here is a profile of the cigar, taken from the Perdomo website-

Perdomo Lot 23 is named after one of Tabacalera Perdomo's highly fertile farms located near its factory in Esteli, Nicaragua. Perdomo Lot 23 is blended with Cuban-seed binders and fillers grown exclusively on Lot 23. Planted in September of 2000 then harvested in January of 2001, the crop was fermented for a year between January of 2001 and January of 2002. Bale aged for over three years, the tobaccos were then rolled into cigars in 2005 and aged for release in 2006. They’re always high quality and full of flavor, but Lot 23is an outstanding cigar even when compared to other Perdomo’s creations. Here is what Nick Perdomo himself says:

“Perdomo Lot 23 is very special for our company because it was a project that my father, Nicolas Perdomo, Sr., pioneered as we started to expand our growing operations in 2000, my father and I selected a plot of land near our factory that was untouched. We cleared the entire field, ran thorough soil analysis and carefully prepared the grounds. This land was so fertile that we knew it would provide some incredible tobacco, and it did. I believe that we have met my father's strict expectations of quality throughout our growing operations and our manufacturing facility. The final product is a premium cigar that is extremely flavorful and is available at a very competitive price point.” Perdomo Lot 23 is a medium to full flavored cigar that offers a well-balanced, complex smoking experience with a rich, smooth finish. The deeply-aged Ecuadorian Connecticut-shade wrapper, lends not only stunning aesthetic appeal, but it adds an elegant creaminess to the robust Nicaraguan fillers.

My favorite cigar is hands down an El Titan de Bronze Maduro made in a very, very small ciagr factory / store in Little Havana (Miami). They are fantastic and well priced.

Ed