What movie are you watching?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
51ETAidkUYL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Meh!

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":mfjuntta said:
51vLGkloS4L._AC_UY218_.jpg

Cheers,

RR
What’s your view of Moore as Bond, Brewdude?

Quite like him mate. Certainly rates above several others IMO.

Cheers,

RR

Stick":ifdp4kjb said:
Brewdude":ifdp4kjb said:
51vLGkloS4L._AC_UY218_.jpg

Cheers,

RR
What’s your view of Moore as Bond, Brewdude?

Quite like him mate. Certainly rates above several others IMO.

Cheers,

RR
He was my first Bond at the cinema, Moonraker in the late '70s I think. Each to their own, but I do find he lacked the grittiness that made the more recent films a bit more believable. For me, Moore delivered the peak of the tongue-in-cheekness which, whilst fun as a kid, lacked the believability that I now need as an adult. I now find him to be almost feminine in the way he presented himself. Good clean wholesome entertainment nonetheless though.

As a fan of the 00 series, I can honestly say that I haven't watched a bond character I didn't like.

Daniel Craigs' gritty, rough, and rebellious bond was great.
Pierce Brosman was handsome and sleek but not a slick as connery. Sean was as smooth as an Exxon oil slick. Another plus for Pierce is he played bond in Cuba. One of my have to visit places before I take a dirt nap.
Roger Moore’s bond was funny with a one-liner and had the impossible gadgets to back him up in undesirable situations. Moore's work on the Saint is excellent as well. I love the reruns of that series.

I have read one of the 007 books, From Russia with Love. It must have been an easy read because I finished it in a great time from what I remember. The book and the movie didn't follow each other real closely. But still A great book.

Last night I watched the greatest stupidest funniest movie of all time! The Jerk with Steve Martin. An excellent movie IMHO.

This afternoon I watched stand by me. Another great king movie.

912tQAXmImL._AC_UY218_.jpg

I've read the book several times now and consider it to be one of King's top 3 works. The 8 part video followed the book for the most part. Enjoyable but not up to the standards of the novel. IMO of course.

Cheers,

RR