What movie are you watching?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
81edX301EZL._AC_UY218_.jpg

71dvoHkpMlL._AC_UY218_.jpg

The first one was pretty good. The second, not so much.

Cheers,

RR

What could be more fun the watching Daniel Craig do an over the top Foghorn Leghorn type accent while playing a detective. Classic but hilarious “quirky family in a big mansion murder” thing. Way fun.

91KmwZvXDmL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Big series. 4 discs, about 12 episodes. Don't recall reading the book even though I've read most of King's novels. Anyway I found this kind of ponderous and overly drawn out. And the ending kinda sucked.

Cheers?

RR

The Pianist (2002)

I've wanted to see this since it won three Oscars that year. I'm inconsistent. I think the Oscars are a lot of things that have nothing to do with praising art, but it made me want to see this nonetheless. Eighteen years later, I did. I enjoyed it. I appreciated that they included some humor, and I would guess that Władysław Szpilman himself was the reason for that. I don't think it needed to be 2.5 hours long, but I'd rather it be too long than rushing through a story for the old standard of 1.5 hours. We like to celebrate hard work in this country, and that's great. The total disregard for plain old good luck is absurdly underplayed, though. This story shines a bright light on special talent that had the other key variable: extraordinary luck.

81yOuOtNlyL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Can't say I liked this at all. Very long, boring, and ponderous.

519YsXs4+OL._AC_UY218_.jpg

This was pretty good. Based on Stephen King's book "The Body" which I have yet to read. Well done.

Cheers,

RR

91txcpC8TeL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Meh! Held some promise early on but fizzled and got goofy. Supposed to be the screenplay for Stephen King's novel "Four Past Midnight" which I haven't read and is not available at my library. Surely the original written version is better than this....

Cheers?

RR