What's your favorite beer?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Impossible to pick just one, Close as I can say would be a ranged group, Imperial Stouts and Porters, Cask aged, dark craft beer, each a delight in its own right,

Another good use for Guiness: A "Black and Tan" or "a Half and Half"......Half Guiness and half Lager...Nice combo if the Guiness by itself is not to your taste.

Where i live we don't have alot of options so i pretty much stick with yuengling lager or miller lite.

Drank some Hop Stoopid from Lagunitas Brewery out of California recently. An excellent Imperial IPA that comes in 22 oz. bottles. NUMMY!!

Thomas Tkach":0yec8am7 said:
I like some Highland brews, Black Mocha Stout in particular.

The BiLo grocery stores here will put New Belgium on sale for $7/ sixpack, and I really like their stuff. 1554 is great, their Ranger IPA is great, and I like their seasonals, though Fat Tire didn't do it for me--it seemed a bit mild in flavor. Just for the sheer value of them, I usually have their brews.

I am not much experienced in upper-tier micro-brews, though, mainly lower- and mid-tier.
Wait, wait, wait. You're in South Carolina and you can get New Belgium?! I love their stuff and Fat Tire is one of my wife's favorite beers, but they don't distribute in New Hampshire. When I moved out here 5 years ago I even called the brewery to ask about their distribution future, but they said that they would not distribute anywhere farther away than they could get it in 24 hours because they couldn't rely on trucking to keep it cold and in good condition. I remember reading an article with the head brewer a few years later and he said the same thing.

I agree with the sentiment and resigned myself to only getting New Belgium when I visited the west coast. But if you can get it in SC, maybe they have expanded their distribution; I will have to ask the owner of my local specialty beer store if he has heard anything. (Unless I've totally misinterpreted things and you don't actually live in South Carolina, in that case, ignore this whole post :D )

Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout.

I love stout and this one is smoooooth creamy and tasty.

Great with McClelland Red Cake!

I was introduced to Schooner's Lager last summer in Halifax! It was love at first sip!

I don't have a single favorite but several that are my regulars when I have the money. Beer in many ways is like tobacco in the sense that they have different flavors , blends, and methods of ageing, so depending on mood I may have a favorite beer of the time, like I would for pipe tobacco.

Killians Irish Red
Guiness
Harp
Monty Pythons search for the Holy Ale ( suprisingly good lol)
Dogfish Head has many flavors that I like
Becks
Kulmbacher
Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier
Spaten Octoberfest
Paulaner
Hacker Pschorr

My go-to beers are High Life, Pabst, and Budweiser Original. Can't beat the first two for about $4.50 for a six-pack or $1.20 for a 40oz. It's not great, but it's definitely drinkable.

My all-time favorites I've ever had though are
Schneider Weisse (Hefeweizen, had it in Germany, it's a small brewery in Bavaria that supposedly only ships to one pub in any given town)
Bitburger Pils (The German equivalent of any of the Light beers, except not Light, and in Germany it's at least 500% better)
Jever Pils
Black Engine Oil (Super-thick Scottish brew, about $5 a bottle, so it's a treat)
Shock-Top (Reminds me of German Heffies even though it's Belgian)
Samuel Smith Taddy Porter

Being a professional brewer at a small WA state microbrewery I have the pleasure of enjoying my own beers on a regular basis. Not surprisingly, I reach for them daily since I brew them all to my tastes!

My brewery is Snoqualmie Falls Brewing located about 30 miles east of Seattle in the valley under the foothills of the Cascades.

While I enjoy all our line at various times, I particularly enjoy our flagship brand Wildcat IPA (hop monster at 76 IBU's, 6.6% ABV, and huge grapefruit hop presence from 100% WA grown Columbus hops), Copperhead Pale Ale (toasty malt character offset by WA grown Cascade hops - about 5.5% ABV), and right now especially our summer seasonal "Summer Beer" which is a pre-prohibition Pils that is clean, crisp, dryish, and mostly Czech Saaz hops which gives it a herbal lemony character. Also about 5.5% ABV. All yummy as all getout!

Unfortunately we cannot ship directly to individuals, so no chance of ordering our ales on line. Sorry.

Here's our website in case you want to learn more. And yes I know it's woefully inadequate at the moment and in need of improvement! But if you're in the area and want to stop by sometime we have a great brewery Tap Room with very good food, and are family friendly. BTW, the Tap Room is currently in a major expansion mode which will double the seating capacity, expand the kitchen and menu, and upgrade the toilets, plus much more.

www.fallsbrew.com

If anyone is contemplating coming by shoot me a pm and I'll gladly share a bowl with you on the brewery loading dock, as there is no smoking indoors anywhere in WA state.

Cheers,

RR

:cheers:

RR, that Summer pils sounds right up my alley... wish it didn't take a round-trip to SEA/TAC to try it.

But I have to admit, when I see "Snoqualmie," the first thing I think of is Twin Peaks... no prom queens with troubled pasts turning up in any of your kegs, I hope?

Doc Manhattan":jwikqvi7 said:
RR, that Summer pils sounds right up my alley... wish it didn't take a round-trip to SEA/TAC to try it.

But I have to admit, when I see "Snoqualmie," the first thing I think of is Twin Peaks... no prom queens with troubled pasts turning up in any of your kegs, I hope?
Doc, the Twin Peaks thing is alive and well here. Yet the line seems to blur between Twin Peaks and Northern Exposure, which was also filmed here.

We get whole loads of tourists bent on checking out the sights.

Cheers,

RR

Just recently had the chance to visit the Saint Arnold's Brewery here in Houston, $7 for 4 pints and a free glass, can't beat that with a stick! I tried their Texas wheat, Elissa IPA, Brown Ale, and Summer Pils. The Texas Wheat wasn't my favorite, which is sad because there's nothing I love more than a wheat beer. Elissa, was very good, very flavorful and true to IPA hoppiness, highly recommended though I cannot drink IPA's like I can other beers. Skipping the Brown Ale to the Summer Pils for now, which was good! Very cool and refreshing, get it now while they're making it! The Brown Ale was by far my favorite of the lot though, it blew me away! I think part of the reason I enjoyed it so much is I did not expect it to be so good, but I can't get enough of it! If anyone ever gets the chance to visit, do yourself a favor and swing by! Don't forget to try their root beer too!

I should note, the glasses you're given when entering aren't pint glasses, but if you bring in any St. Arnold's glass of any size, they'll fill it! Here's their site for the curious http://www.saintarnold.com/

There's a fine beer emporium here that sells its remainders as "Mystery Beer" as a $3 pint, so I'm game for anything. If favorite means most often drank, then Yuengling Lager, preferably on tap.