What's your weather like today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8C partly cloudy, GLP ASHBury in a Sav Sitter.

Peaceful puffin,
Jayf

hi all whats going on with this crazy weather yesterday it was 70f and thunder stroms and tornado watchs today its 31f with snow

Spring is in the air in the North Georgia mountains, the dogwoods are budded and the buds are opening. soon the Mountain Laurens and Rhododendrons and other native plants will be in full bloom. This is usually followed by the leafing out of the majority of other trees and the flowering of pines, coating everything in a furry carpet of green pollen.

Warm weather is right around the corner :cheers:

It's been overcast and rainy all day. Nasty out, but a good day to smoke a pipe! :pipe:

Well, the blizzard came and went. Six foot drifts, and 15"-20" of snow on flat ground. Even the semi rigs are parked.

I hear an extra few bowls calling my name for the next day or two. :lol:

Funny -- there's a guy going door-to-door offering to do people's driveways with a bucket-mounted, tracked Bobcat (it's too deep to push). Getting a lot of takers, too. :lol:

Looks like the storm that dumped all that snow on you folks is preparing to dump rain on us for a few days. I ain't complaining, every little bit helps get us out of a three year drought. :cheers:

Nasty wet spring snow storm closed up most of Denver, great day for a few bowls. To bad Im house sitting and have no place to smoke. :x

Another blizzard is on its way. :evil:

The weather geeks say it'll be bigger than the one a week ago. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Good thing work for me is within easy walking distance. As in 15 feet. 8) :lol:

Looks like it's going to be a nice spring day after a lot of rain - weather geek says it'll be sunny and cooler, 56 F. A good day for bicycling.

Warmest so far this year, 73 degrees and sunshine. It hasn't been 73 degrees since last August!

Right now (5:35 PM Eastern) it is 72 degrees and sunny. Really a beautiful day. Just finished a nice smoke on the back deck.

Pretty good storms moving through this Saturday. I'm working a socer tournament and we got all our games in until the 2:00 when the skies opened up. We never call because of rain, snow, etc. but at the first sight of lightening ( or close rumble of thunder as determined by the center ref) we stop everything, get all the kids to a safe place, and have to wait at least 20 minutes from the last lightening to re-start. We never went half that without some pretty good lightening strikes in the area, so we canceled the last games of the day and hope to make them up tomorrow.

Tomorrows weather looks better (rain, but the front will have moved through, so little chance of lightening), but with the fields so wet, they may close the whole soccer park to protect the fields. Families travel from several states away, well over 100 teams, and we may have to cancel. Not a lot of happy campers if that happens!

Natch