Who am I?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thistleoak":7xnaw7p8 said:
Sorry for short response on that one... dealing with family stuff. Wives cousin just killed him self... been a horrible and sad evening at our home. :(
:affraid:

Very, very sorry for your loss, please extend my condolences to your wife as well

Thank you Ozark.... speaking of a burn... do you prefer Mountain Man or Appalachian American? :lol!: 8)

Alex and Family, it saddens me when I hear news like this, one taking their own life.

My condolences to you and your family.

MAY HE REST IN PEACE

Thistleoak":859wzg5m said:
Thank you Ozark.... speaking of a burn... do you prefer Mountain Man or Appalachian American? :lol!: 8)
(smirk) I prefer Ozark Overlord Overseer.... I'm a bit west of the Appalachian Range....

Okay, Arky, here is what you've won:

The 5th annual Jones Halloween Pipe! This year I wanted to go with an appropriately spooky bone theme. The bowl is sandblasted briar that has undergone a bleaching process, the shank is made from shark spine, and the stem is white juma. I've always wanted to try a bleached finish on a pipe before so this was a big experiment for me. This will darken up after it's been smoked much like a meerschaum. If you don't touch the bowl much is should darken uniformly. That's the one downside of the bleached finish.

ebc8a916cae18c12-DSC_2213.JPG

Anyway, Congrats to Arky, and to the rest of you better luck next year!

J J, you've out done yourself. That's a stunning pipe... the shape you chose, from the shank to the stem. Well thought out and crafted. Definitely a one of a kind pipe that Arky will enjoy for many years. CONGRATULATIONS to both of you :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Arky, you're one lucky boy.  Looks like you've hit a six scored a home run.

Jesse, that's one very kind gesture too.

That is a seriously cool pipe Jesse. Absolutely an original!

Love the bleached bowl. Shark spine shank? That has to be a first. What an innovative idea, and the white juma stem sets it off. (what is juma btw?)

Arky, you are one lucky dawg!

:cherry:

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude

If it's what I've used a few times on custom knife handle scales, juma is a colored thermoset plastic. Easy to work with and buffs up to an outstanding shine. Chances are NO teeth marks will be left behind. Epoxies well to the tang of a knife and fairly easy to shape.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Arky, if its shark spine odds are it's from a shark that's no longer with us!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!