2013 BoB Pipe of the Year (All Done)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just in case I wasn't clear earlier. Yes I will be buying one just as soon as they are available, no matter what the shape or finish. I will say that I am really hoping it's the 29- Chinook though. If the 29 stays in the lead I may want 2 if that's possible.

I voted but I don't think I ever commented. I'm in.

My issue with the Tinsky was it's size not price. Although after the FDA does their thing I will probably get one from him just the same, if he will make one for me.

Yeah the Tinsky pipe is a heck of a big pipe. And leftover 2 is definitely possible if that is what you want brother.

I missed voting, but am interested and will be following this. I'm 70% in, depends on final, I'd want a bent, and though I prefer smooth, am not completely averse to having a blasted.

--Alex

Oy, missed voting, too, but am down like a clown for one of these--like pretty much all the shapes!

I also missed voting (and the buss, boat and train, but that's another story). I like the 29 and 426 Chinook but will go with what ever the group decides. So count me in.

By the by, I have a Brigham system churchwarden that Sasquatch sold be a while back and I love their maple-rod insert. For those of you that might think it too much like the 9mm charcoal or balsa filters, it's not like that at all. It tastes much more like a "regular" non-filtered pipe to me, just a bit less moisture and a hard-maple rod you can remove and clean under hot water several times before replacing. Nice, clean smoke.

Natch

Looking at this more and more awaiting some action, the 29 chinook (top choice in poll) has really grown on me, now I want!

--alex

Any of the shapes would have been good...will be good...might be good for me. Can you see where this is headed? I'd like to be able to snag one, but it totally depends on budget issues at the time of their release and potentially for some months after. My 'fundage' is going in a number of directions...the custom wood guys are getting their stock in right now, for the year it seems, and it's a 'snooze and lose' deal. So I'm getting as many of the pieces I really want and my account has bottomed out. Oh, that Double Dyed Orange and Green Stabilized Box Elder Burl is amazing. So...a great big maybe here.

Depending on my budget, I might be able to swing one this year as well. Thanks for handling this!

Glad to have a couple more aboard on this guys. Keep the votes and comments coming. I'd like to have a set list of yes's and maybe's so I can have the numbers lined up.

Perhaps this has or hasn't been talked about...is this going to be a buyer-goes-through-Brigham setup to get these, or are we going to have to pony up cash in a lump sum to get X-amount of pipes made?

8)

It will be a buyer ponies up cash during a set month, probably August, and buys directly from SmokingPipes.com. Brian will have a stamp made up for us and you will be able to call them and order the pipe direct and they will stamp it right there at the store and mail it out. That way nobody has to make a lump order for blah amount of pipes and you can do it at any point during the chosen month. I just have to have an approximate number set so that Brian can coordinate with them and have enough of the chosen model on hand for us. Brian and Brigham have been awesome about helping us to accomplish our POY for 2013.

I haven't purchased a pipe of the year in a couple of years now. I have a couple of Brigham pipes and consider them very good smokers for the money. I will get one, whatever shape/finish is decided on.

Looks like the Shape 29 Chinook will be the discussed pipe with Brian. And I have about 25 people who think they'll be in and quite a few who are probables. I'm going to ask for an August run for these and see if we can't take the next step with this, stand by for more details as I get them.