Bulldog Pics

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

There's no doubt about it; that pipe is going to be as good of a smoker as it is beautiful. Another quite worthy doggie in an outstanding collection!

Ah, love that new Cavicchi. A smooth Cavicchi dog like that is exactly what I'm looking for as well, I can see why you didn't pass it up. They are still reasonably priced. I've never owned a Cavicchi, are you pleased how it smokes?

This thread is great! I'm a big fan of bulldogs and rhodesians and apparently I'm not the only one!

Harlock, it looks like you've got some beauties that have yet to be baptized. Y'know what they say, it ain't a pipe 'till it's been smoked!

Here are two of my favorites in my collection. They're both a touch dirty, but I like to say they're loved.
pipe_s10.png

Radice FFF Clear Rhodesian:

dsc00412.jpg

dsc00410.jpg

dsc00413.jpg

dsc00411.jpg

Bjarne C Grade Freehand Rhodesian:

dsc00414.jpg

dsc00417.jpg

dsc00415.jpg

dsc00418.jpg

dsc00416.jpg

Also thought I'd toss in a tid bit that I saw mentioned earlier.

My understanding is that Bjarne's signature series (high grades) were all made by Ph. Vigen shortly after 1991. I haven't found anything to say that for certain, but I've found no one else listed as a maker of the Bjarne signature series.

Ph. Vigen info:

http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=Ph._Vigen
http://www.finepipes.com/articles/danish-pipes.html <-- All the way at the bottom

Both of these sites offer essentially the same info... almost verbatim. The latter is the only one that mentions that Vigen worked for Bjarne. Also, it is clear that the latter hasn't been updated since before 2008.

Those two are also lovely uberhuberMan! Interesting info on the Bjarne signature piece.

riff raff":2i9v065j said:
Ah, love that new Cavicchi. A smooth Cavicchi dog like that is exactly what I'm looking for as well, I can see why you didn't pass it up. They are still reasonably priced. I've never owned a Cavicchi, are you pleased how it smokes?
Well, I'm waiting to open a new tin before I fire it up, which should happen in a week or two, but the pipe has a wide open draw, the fit and finish are easily equal to Castello, and the hand feel is very inviting. May be tough to clench, as it's a heavy-ish piece, but I'm a holder anyway.

This thread is great! I'm a big fan of bulldogs and rhodesians and apparently I'm not the only one!
Hey Uber, those are some jealousy inducing pipes! I like the Bjarne the best, but both are killer.
Those graded Bj's are just not easy to find. Great shape on yours, and nice pics as well, thanks! :cheers:

riff raff":3m2pgweu said:
Those two are also lovely uberhuberMan! Interesting info on the Bjarne signature piece.
Harlock999":3m2pgweu said:
Hey Uber, those are some jealousy inducing pipes! I like the Bjarne the best, but both are killer.
Those graded Bj's are just not easy to find. Great shape on yours, and nice pics as well, thanks! :cheers:
Thanks fellas! The Bjarne has to be my absolute favorite pipe in my collection. I always keep an eye peeled for Bjarne Signatures, but I've rarely seen one that tickled my fancy. I did find this though:

http://pipesandcigars.com/bjpiofplbr.html

Unfortunately, they're much more pricey that what I paid for mine. Of course, I got mine used, so that helped. I'm putting money aside to hopefully snap up the remaining rhodesians on that page in an attempt at a 7 day set of the shape. Unfortunately, even with the pipes from this page included in my collection, I'd still need to dig up another. There's the one rhodesian that is very close to this shape, but doesn't have the vertical line that the others do. I'm back and forth on whether I would include that one. Brothers, keep your eyes open for me!

All that being said, there are a ton of other great Signatures on that page. Have at(just save the rhodies for me, please)!

UberHuberMan":8to8ci6c said:
Oh yeah. There's also this Bjarne A Grade Sitter. It's pretty sweet, but not for me. Thought I'd let you folks know.
pipe_s10.png
That one is nice, no argument there. But the seller's use of the term 'straight grain' is rather liberal, isn't it?

Those Bjarne Nielsens are lovely. I can see the attraction and there won't be any more. This AX is lovely, good luck getting all those Rhodesians!
pipes-cigars-tobacco_2183_190682884

KevinP":xy86lf8j said:
UberHuberMan":xy86lf8j said:
Oh yeah. There's also this Bjarne A Grade Sitter. It's pretty sweet, but not for me. Thought I'd let you folks know.
pipe_s10.png
That one is nice, no argument there. But the seller's use of the term 'straight grain' is rather liberal, isn't it?
Too true!

riff raff":xy86lf8j said:
Those Bjarne Nielsens are lovely. I can see the attraction and there won't be any more. This AX is lovely, good luck getting all those Rhodesians!
pipes-cigars-tobacco_2183_190682884
They also smoke incredibly well. What else would one expect from Ph. Vigen? He did graduate from the school of Former after all.

Thanks for the well wishes! Acquiring them all is still a ways down the road. I just hope that I'm lucky enough for them all to still be there when I'm ready! :p

Tough to read the makers stamp on that one on my little ipod screen. Who is it?

Regardless, its astounding. If you die before i do, can i have it? I'll let you have my first orn child if you want. Lol.

Frost":wncrvbay said:

Regardless, its astounding. If you die before i do, can i have it? I'll let you have my first orn child if you want. Lol.
Looks like the legendary Bjarne Nielsen's mark. A fine addition to anyone's collection, I don't care who you are! 8)

Dutch":tjvnw0cc said:
Frost":tjvnw0cc said:

Looks like the legendary Bjarne Nielsen's mark. A fine addition to anyone's collection, I don't care who you are! 8)
Good eyes!
Bjarne it is, this one's a "C" grade. Makes me really wonder about the "B", "A" and "AX" grades... :shock:

And Frost, I've got you earmarked for the chicken foot pipe in my will, but if this one floats your boat, I do allow for substitutions 8) .

@Simple Man:
Thank you! But have you seen the chicken foot pipe...?

Ah yes, forgot about the chicken foot. It was rather epic. :lol:

Harlock, I'm curious, is there any way to know if Tonni Nielsen carved that bulldog? His pipes are bringing some high prices nowdays.