Dog Days Special Ops August Bombing Mission

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK Chorusgirls...enough with the show tunes! Back to business.

I told Sloppy Joe Hemingway that he should wait til next round to engage in combat, but I guess if he wants in for this mission he could do that...there being no calls to the contrary from the peanut gallery.

I'll send him a set of the mission orders and see if'n he wants ta play this soon.

BTW: Discovered that the MadBaren Old Dark Fired is back in stock again...ordered a tin to put up. Also discovered a new C&D blend...a variant of one I'd wanted to try for a long time...called Guillford Flake (Old Belt Red and bright Virginia's combined with a bit of Turkish - then stoved, pressed and sliced into flakes). What's not to like THERE? So I ordered that too.

Blackhorse":k75gt4el said:
I told Sloppy Joe Hemingway that he should wait til next round to engage in combat, but I guess if he wants in for this mission he could do that...there being no calls to the contrary from the peanut gallery.
No problems here, Commander Blackhorse. There is still time if he wants to join in on this mission.

No objections from the peanut gallery, Sir. :joker:

As far as Sloppy Joe is concerned, I say the more the merrier!

As far as Kaiser is concerned: HOW HAVE YOU NEVER SEEN 'LEBOWSKI'?!?!? GOOD GOD, MAN!!!

Thanks for the invite, gents, I'm in! Conducting advanced recon as we speak and doing what I can to get a copy of Big Lebowski to Kaiser...! :shock:

Yes, that's Virginia and a little Lat in my helmet. I know I'm a bit exposed, but I figured the quality blend would distract any folks around these parts...

Fishfuzz":s4rhwudm said:
Queuing up TBL on Netflix right now... so much for my day.
I was planning the same thing, Fishfuzz!

But before I join you, I'll have to run out and pick up some milk...

:drunken:

Business is picking up gents. Welcome the newest member to our Squadron...Scotties22!

Current Bombers Roster:

1. Mozjo33 (checked in)
2. Roogles (checked in)
3. Rob_In_MO, XO (checked in)
4. s.ireland (checked in)
5. DrT999 (checked in)
6. Taharris (checked in)
7. EC Outlaw (checked in)
9. tech2576 (checked in)
10. DustyRoundup (checked in)
11. kaiser83 (checked in)
12. George Kaplan (checked in)
13. UberHuberMan (checked in)
14. SPUD 15 (checked in)
15. Dave_In_Philly (chedked in)
16. i. keenum (checked in)
17. Cigar2you (checked in)
18. Idbowman (chedked in)
19. GrampaGrossbart (checked in)
20. Gravel (checked in)
21. Fishfuzz (checked in)
22. Zjgilbert (checked in)
23. Brauhausbier (checked in)
24. Greyson, RAF Liaison (checked in)
25. Scotties22 (checked in)
26. Blackhorse, Commanding (checked in)

Looks like we're at full strength, mission orders sent to all. The next week and a half should be used to assemble your bomb loads.

If there are any questions whatsoever re: any aspect of the mission...now is the time to voice them.

I'll be in touch as further developments present themselves. Good luck, gentlemen...and good shooting!

Welcome to the squadron Scotties22 nice to have you aboard.

And NO, I have never seen The Big Lebowski. Please forgive me for my malfeasances as I take myself to a corner to pout the rest of my day away in shame. I will see it as soon as I find someone who has it.

Fishfuzz":hdjmdc25 said:
Queuing up TBL on Netflix right now... so much for my day.
LMAO sorry about that.

Blackhorse":hdjmdc25 said:
Business is picking up gents. Welcome the newest member to our Squadron...Scotties22!
Hey, welcome Scottie! Good to have you with us. Tell me, do ladies paint something like a Chippendale on their planes?

kaiser83":hdjmdc25 said:
And NO, I have never seen The Big Lebowski. Please forgive me for my malfeasances as I take myself to a corner to pout the rest of my day away in shame. I will see it as soon as I find someone who has it.
Yeah, that rug really tied the room together... Seriously, you should see it, it is widely regarded as one of the funniest films of all time. Can be touchy with the older generation, I tried to get my parents to watch it a while back and they couldn't see past the bad language and turned it off, but as long as you don't get easily offended it wont disappoint.

gravel":hdjmdc25 said:
The Big What?
LEBOWSKI! Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here! Anyhow, BH is giving me nasty looks so back on topic. Squadron looks good, numbers look higher than I think the last mission, green across the board. Nice!

Wow, watching this one I wish I was in on it. Hopefully in October.... Yep... the trusty fighter bomber will be ready to go again in October. :twisted:

kaiser83":9bm1qqio said:
Welcome to the squadron Scotties22 nice to have you aboard.

No worries, brother! I didn't see it until a few years ago, so... If you get the chance to watch it amongst a group of guys with twisted senses of humor, all the better.

Scotties22, welcome to the crew! Glad to have ya with us.

Scotties22 wanted wings:

New_Republic_Sr__Pilot_Wings_by_viperaviator.jpg

Well I was gonna paint a chip-n-dale.....of the rescue ranger kind.....on my bomb dropper. But, now that you got my imagination going who knows where I'll end up :D

Thanks for the welcome, boys....can't wait to get in on all the fun!!

Well, I watched The Big Lebowski.....it had a couple funny spots but all in all I was disappointed to be honest. I was expecting a great movie based on the hype here, but ended up feeling a bit unsatisfied. It seemed to me to have a bit more of the Napoleon Dynamite crowd type humor.

Ah well, I guess it cant appeal to everyone. Sorry we led you to a disappointment there.

You really need to watch is another three times. You will pick up something new every time you watch it. I was plus/minus on it after I watched it for the first time. Now it is one of my favorite movies. I have it sitting right next to "The Goods"....And if you haven't seen that, put it on your list now.

I will give it another shot at some point. For now I am going to watch a few episodes of Shameless, that show is flipping hilarious.

kaiser83":desng116 said:
Well, I watched The Big Lebowski.....it had a couple funny spots but all in all I was disappointed to be honest. I was expecting a great movie based on the hype here, but ended up feeling a bit unsatisfied. It seemed to me to have a bit more of the Napoleon Dynamite crowd type humor.
Yeah, well, The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners...

In other news, my payload has been selected, loaded, and is waiting to take to the skies in T-minus 8 days.