R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DrumsAndBeer said:
canofspam123":gu2l8aek said:
jrcigars has it in tins.[/quote

Thanks for posting. That's the best price I have seen on a tin of FvF yet.
Thanks from me too. I checked some of their other prices as well and only one was more, and only slightly, than the other well-known places on my spreadsheet. Only $5 for shipping as well.

As reported on another forum, McCranie's has Red Ribbon back in stock. It's the first shipment of their new 2008 vintage (only the fourth vintage in the history of the blend). Its sister blend, Red Flake, is still available with tobacco from the 2000 vintage.

FVF still in stock at JR Cigars. Thanks for the tip. One can never have enough FVF in the cellar. That and Escudo.

peckinpahhombre":48kgqpeh said:
Damn, missed it again. :lol!:
Still available at pipesandcigars... A little more in shipping, but if you buy more than 5 tins, P&C is an okay price.

Everytime I have ordered from P&C where I go more than 4 tins I get dinged by customs. Thanks though, I appreciate it.

Just saw 4noggins added FVF back in stock. However, they seem to have added a maximum 2 tin per purchase. I guess that keeps the hoarding at bay :lol!:

It is if you can let it age long enough (2 years = minimum) before you crack the tin.

You could probably get on somebody's waiting list as a confirmed order when the next load comes in.

:face:

dpramsey":dmk5s9lt said:
is FVF really that good? I wouldn't know cause i can never snag a tin.
I really like it fresh. I have tsted some that is aged and it is even better. I will admit though that it can be finiky (sp?). By that I mean that one out of ten bowls is so-so.

Several online retailers (Smokingpipes.com and iwenries have email notifications that you can sign up for.

somedumbjerk":w6b68140 said:
gravel":w6b68140 said:
Stonehaven was in stock at smokingpipes for at least 5 minutes.
I checked 12 mins after I got the email and it was gone. :(
I called eight minutes after the e-mail was sent and was told it was gone in five. The hoarders win again.