R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, quit squaring off, you two.

Both of you have a point, so kiss and make up.

Meanwhile, be a tobacco vulture.  Be patient and want for the carcass to be picked as clean as the gluttons can do on their own, get scraps here and there.  My gullet is smaller than the appetite of a lion, for example, so I might not have 150lbs stashed in my gut, but the 14oz I got will sustain me until the next feeding frenzy.   It's not a race to the tobaccocalypse.

8)

I swear I remember SG flakes, Stonehaven, Penzance, etc being not so hard to find as little as five years ago, maybe a bit longer.  I remember that the area with Gawith was made had some kind of massive flood and production stopped for some time and ever since then it's been harder to get because everyone reacted once it was back on the market.

It does seem to be that there has been a feeding frenzy as people try to stock up for the apocalypse / stock up on "hard to find" blends.  More people cellaring or panic buying rather than just buying as they smoke.

That's just been my perception lately.

That said, thanks for the idea of calling B&Ms with no real web presence! Probably a lot of validity to that.

gravel":7xges9ei said:
Dave_In_Philly":7xges9ei said:
Now lets see if it stays in stock long enough for me to get home and order!
I hope you got some! I missed out! :D
Nope - and I checked right after the post hit the Board - zip!

4noggins has Hamborger Veermaster, and a couple of highly prized Dark Flakes in stock.

J - thanks for the heads up...pulled a nifty 250g. box out of 4-N's hat.

Presto Change...I have magically turned plastic money into fine tobacco!

Thank you, thank you...I'm here thru Saturday.

PozzSka":bxa9pw0w said:
Re-release of Balkan Sobranie?? Produced by Esoterica...
I have some hope for the blend because of this. It may not be the same as the original but I have some hope that it will be a new quality rendition.

There's supposed to be a replenishment in the works. Maybe in about a month I've been told. I'm still waiting on my order to be filled.

Hereward":hljpf4i9 said:
PozzSka":hljpf4i9 said:
Re-release of Balkan Sobranie?? Produced by Esoterica...
I have some hope for the blend because of this. It may not be the same as the original but I have some hope that it will be a new quality rendition.

There's supposed to be a replenishment in the works. Maybe in about a month I've been told. I'm still waiting on my order to be filled.
I hope your order isn't with P&C, they asked me if I wanted to cancel my back order the last time I contacted them and I told them no. So they canceled it anyway and I'd been waiting over a month for mine to get filled. Peeved me off to say the least.

Cartaphilus":7zyu8hpt said:
I hope your order isn't with P&C
Yep. It is. I've had some issues in the past but they've gotten better. We'll see how it goes. I'm in no hurry.

Six tins of 2008 St James Flake at Pipestud. $15 a tin! And many more gems on his "Black Friday" sale.