Secret Santa 2012

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Puff Daddy":twfl0goj said:
Remember, it's the spirit of giving, not a competition. No Santa bombing logos, no one upping, no worrying about if it was good enough. A simple gift exchange, with a little thought put into it. The suggested minimums are listed on page one, so sending the minimum is absolutely sending enough.

Though we each only draw one name, it's about "Merry Christmas to all". :santa:
You mean no chest-thumping and end zone dances???!!! So what am I going to do with this pic now, then?

Santabomb.jpg

:lol:

Just kidding. I just love this time of year, gifts or no gifts. I can truly say, I have been very blessed. If I don't receive another thing this year I still have been blessed more than I deserve. I am thankful for all of the thoughtful brothers and sisters on BoB that have made this year special in so many ways. Not only in gifts, but all of the encouraging words that have been shared with me on threads and PMs. You folks have all been awesome and have really made me feel welcome here and allowed me to be a part of things. Thank you!

Plus, I still have my health, mostly, :lol: I still have my wonderful wife, and the Lord has blessed me in so many numerous ways this year.

To top it all off, my fruitcake from the monastery should be arriving today! YUM! :D

No need for a group hug or anything. :p

Puff Daddy":xiddy36i said:
Remember, it's the spirit of giving, not a competition. No Santa bombing logos, no one upping, no worrying about if it was good enough. A simple gift exchange, with a little thought put into it. The suggested minimums are listed on page one, so sending the minimum is absolutely sending enough.

Yup!

the dance of joy

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GfPg5LjGYz8" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rev

Puff Daddy":wxpomo6x said:
Uh, I got 6 names with instructions to send as much coal dust (or Captain Black, either way) as possible...

I have gifts going out to three Brothers and one Sister. Today is the day I shove everything off, for sure. Yesterday ran out of time way too fast.

8)

Santa has arrived in Sacramento! :D Came a long way too, from the deep south of Mississippi, and brought southern treats!

I'm guessin dey likes to tap dat ass...... Err, ash, in the deep south ( was that a double pun?). You'll understand when you see the pics.

I think I'll wait an hour or so to post the pics now that I've said that, let that last line sit and fester in your brains a bit :twisted:

details to come :)

Puff Daddy":lg1v10eg said:
Santa has arrived in Sacramento! :D Came a long way too, from the deep south of Mississippi, and brought southern treats!

I'm guessin dey likes to tap dat ass...... Err, ash, in the deep south ( was that a double pun?). You'll understand when you see the pics.

I think I'll wait an hour or so to post the pics now that I've said that, let that last line sit and fester in your brains a bit :twisted:

details to come :)
Two suspects, one stronger than the other... :scratch: :lol: A youngin' or a smokin' fish. One of the two.

Simple Man":9ozke04z said:
I just love this time of year, gifts or no gifts. I can truly say, I have been
very blessed. If I don't receive another thing this year I still have been
blessed more than I deserve. I am thankful for all of the thoughtful brothers
and sisters on BoB that have made this year special in so many ways.
Hear hear, and ho ho ho!

I also stumbled on this metal anthem which strikes me as being pretty apropos...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/De8ykmm_2_o" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm out of town until Thursday. Which means my wife checks the mail and I could have some explaining to do depending on the timing :lol:

Luckily I have had a lot of practice with providing explanations 8)

Santa must still be vacationing in the South, because he sent my gift (2 boxes?!) from there as well.

I am overwhelmed!

2012-116.jpg

• Selections from the Spurgeon Sermon Archive
  • A wickedly amusing Pelican pipe stand
  • A cool black ceramic(?) panther
  • Royal Dutch natural finish pipe
  • Aristocob! (this looks like an antique)
  • Savinelli Balsa System pipe
  • Panda motif tea cup (with built in steeper)
  • Golden Moon Lapsang Souchong Tea (one of my favs)

Then the weed

• Halv U Dvash
  • Bob's Chocolate Flake
  • GLP Triple Play
  • GLP JackKnife Plug
  • GLP Embarcadero
  • GLP Blackpoint
  • GLP Lagonda
  • MC Black Woods Flake
  • CD Mississippi Mud
  • Presbyterian Melange
  • Dunhill 965
  • 2x After Dinner

You have outdone yourself and I thank you for your generosity.

Now I have to claim more cellar room! Merry Christmas all!

FF, why did you get my Secret Santa boxes? :( I want 'em back. Post-haste.

(nice haul) :D

8)

Remember, it's the spirit of giving, not a competition. No Santa bombing logos, no one upping, no worrying about if it was good enough.

When I made the comment about worrying if it was the right thing, or enough...I was not departing from the spirit of giving or trying to treat this hallowed event like a competition, or one upping anyone. I just think there's this little voice inside many of us that hopes a gift is something the recipient will like and enjoy and that they did right by the event, etc. I'm sure there are others like myself that didn't get a list of suggestions to kind of shape my item choices from...so it's pure guesswork...and I just hope I came even a little bit close.

:santa: Ho, Ho, Ho!

I know I said I was hoping on getting a jet 10 by 22 metal lathe, I sure hope I get it

:)

rev

Blackhorse":x0vmwjsk said:
Remember, it's the spirit of giving, not a competition. No Santa bombing logos, no one upping, no worrying about if it was good enough.

When I made the comment about worrying if it was the right thing, or enough...I was not departing from the spirit of giving or trying to treat this hallowed event like a competition, or one upping anyone. I just think there's this little voice inside many of us that hopes a gift is something the recipient will like and enjoy and that they did right by the event, etc. I'm sure there are others like myself that didn't get a list of suggestions to kind of shape my item choices from...so it's pure guesswork...and I just hope I came even a little bit close.

:santa: Ho, Ho, Ho!
My thoughts exactly. :D

Santa picked up my package today and it is now en route! Nice guy, that Santa. He stayed for milk and cookies and we even shared a pipe. That's right folks, you heard it here first. Santa is still a piper. :D