Secret Santa 2012

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me preface this by stating that my department's 'executive administrative assistant' has issues. How serious they might be, I won't speculate on (defamation and all that). I can say she has a civil service position and can only be transfered, and to be transfered, someone else would have to want her. Anyway, one thing she does is 'sit' on mail, usually individual packages. I know she has been doing so on a package of mine since at least yesterday morning. If it is my Secret Santa package, I am not ignoring it!

Nice haul David :santa:

DrT, perhaps a little coal on her desk might send a message :twisted:

Puff Daddy":58rc51df said:
DrT, perhaps a little coal on her desk might send a message :twisted:
I don't think a ton on the desk would do any good, but it is a thought!

kaiser83":zhq6a0zj said:
Blackhorse":zhq6a0zj said:
Mr. the rev. -

It has been made known to us that you are dealing dope. We have assigned an investigator to get to the bottom this disturbing allegation. His name is kaiser. Please cooperate with him so as to avoid any added unpleasantness.

- BH
In a collaborative effort with Mr. the rev, final findings have been made. The Central Intelligence Agency and Drug Enforcement Agency have been made aware of the illegal activity conducted by the rev and he has agreed to become a member of witness protection in return for his testimony in the cartel case we just closed thanks to his information. Be very cautious to the receiver of the package from the rev as the white substance is not snow apparently and all contents are supposedly quite "dope".
Wheh....good thing I read this before I opened that bag :lol!:

scotties22":qcd5voru said:
kaiser83":qcd5voru said:
Blackhorse":qcd5voru said:
Mr. the rev. -

It has been made known to us that you are dealing dope. We have assigned an investigator to get to the bottom this disturbing allegation. His name is kaiser. Please cooperate with him so as to avoid any added unpleasantness.

- BH
In a collaborative effort with Mr. the rev, final findings have been made. The Central Intelligence Agency and Drug Enforcement Agency have been made aware of the illegal activity conducted by the rev and he has agreed to become a member of witness protection in return for his testimony in the cartel case we just closed thanks to his information. Be very cautious to the receiver of the package from the rev as the white substance is not snow apparently and all contents are supposedly quite "dope".
Wheh....good thing I read this before I opened that bag :lol!:
Just do the Kojak test and you'll be fine! Just a pinch between the cheek and gums! Trust me...I work for the government! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Well then, I need a volunteer for the pinch test...don't think it would be a good idea to try this in my current state. :lol!:

I got my package today...as soon as I find where Daddy hid the camera I will take a picture.

Santa always seems to get it right or pull a surprise. The big fellow was by today. Pics to follow, but here is a list of the goodies in the box.

Cigars:
Kristoff Corojo Limitada
A pair of Grimalkin

A cigar cutter
A standard pipe tool
200 BJ Long pipe cleaners
A couple pipe rests (never have enough of those it seems)
A couple peppermint sticks to freshen the breath

A jar, maybe 2 oz size of Sunbear Pipe Tobacco Blend B
A tin of Germain's Royal Jersey
A tin of Germain's No7 Mixture
A tin of Balkan Sasieni
A 4oz tin of Rattay's Dark Fragrant from 1987 with the instructions on how to open on top. Gold bottom and nicely swollen.

I suspect the Germain's have considerable age also.

A nice card from Santa to put on our card rack.

Thanks Santa! Most all of these I never would have bought for myself. But have wanted to try. Or have some stashed, but not with this much age. Should keep me entertained for considerable time. :santa:

Welp Santa got me good.

A ton of samples of a wide range of varieties. An epic cob with extra filters. 8 tins of toby, And, 6 cigars. Absolutely epic. Thank you very much Santa/brother. I am very appreciative.

OK - enough of this idle chatter. Let's have a little Christmas puzzle thing to keep us entertained while waiting for the mailman, etc.

You know those photos or drawings or whatever where there's two images and you're supposed to find what's different between the two? Below you'll find two photos. Find things that are 'not the same'.

DSCN1637.jpg

DSCN1639.jpg

YES! That's right! One is a little further to the left! Good job Sherlock!

Huh? OH. The PIPE...well yeah, that too. But don't fret. It's wasn't a contest, so you wouldn't have won anything. Ho, ho, ho!

OK - it's the load that my Secret Santa (likely known to a number of you by his work). You know, when I received the BoB POY some time ago I just felt that there was something missing. Well, quite happily Santa has stepped up and provided a complete BoB POY kit! It contains the following:

Custom BoB POY Oak and Lucite pipe stand, inscribed as such and finished to match the Black-n-Tan.
Double ended shell casing tamper, etch with "Blackhorse".
Stand for the above tamper, inscribed with the acronym "FOCOFF" (ahem!) meaning: Flight Operatioins Control Officer.
Another shell casing tamper with a wood stem.
Black zip top tobacco pouch of the ideal size and dimensions for the suave man about town.
Six stem protectors in three different size/grade options.
Two packs of pipe cleaners, two different "fluffiness levels".
One of my favorite accessories...a brand spanking new wind screen.

Nice...really nice. And of course, to me, it represents something very special...pieces that a person made with their own two hands (and a few machines perhaps). Sure, I like gettiing fat tubs of tobacco and high end pipes by famous makes and all...who doesn't? But what's special here is that this Santa is just like me. He spends time in his shop coming up with ideas that he likes and follows them through the production and finishing and ends up with something that NO ONE ELSE makes and darn few other guys have. The items he makes are completely unique...and in his case anyway they were made by SANTA HIMSELF! Also, like a lot of other Santas here, he took some time and came up with something he KNEW my life wouldn't be complete without.

Pretty cool Santa, I'd say!

No...you can't borrow the shell casing tamper!

Santa hit my house too!! :bom:

A most generous selection of tobaccos:

Sillem's Red
4oz Oriental Dusk
2oz PS Bullseye
Peterson's Perfect Plug
GL Pease Odyssey
GL Pease Cumberland

I smoked some of the Oriental Dusk already. Very nice. Its like Storm Front only with more sweetness. This otta keep me stocked for a while. I'm eager to try the Pease blends. The others I have had before and are all solid baccys.

Thanks Santa! :santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:

102_0475.jpg

Ocelot55":rakjqg3j said:
Santa hit my house too!! :bom:

A most generous selection of tobaccos:

Sillem's Red
4oz Oriental Dusk
2oz PS Bullseye
Peterson's Perfect Plug
GL Pease Odyssey
GL Pease Cumberland

I smoked some of the Oriental Dusk already. Very nice. Its like Storm Front only with more sweetness. This otta keep me stocked for a while. I'm eager to try the Pease blends. The others I have had before and are all solid baccys.

Thanks Santa! :santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:

102_0475.jpg
Don't know about the Sillems, but between the Cumberland, Odyssey and Oriental Dusk, that's one hell of a Trifecta. PS Bullseye is great too.

Nice haul.

I would have loved to have participated this year, but I got mugged in a dark alley by Mickey Mouse.

Funny, only being here a year or so, I can pretty much guess who sent what to whom. :lol:

Really cool stuff, all of ya. :D

8)

My package was released from the dragon's horde! Hurrah!

2012-x-1.jpg

The 2011 X-Mas Gator was a bit worried, but I told her she wouldn't be replaced.

2012-x-2.jpg

The treasures unpacked!

List:
Christmas Card
Cup-o-Joe's Zippo pipe lighter
Samuel Gawith Limited Edition 2009 Chicago Pipe Club Scotch Cut Mixture
C&D Pirate Cake
C&D Bayou Night
C&D Bow-legged Bear
C&D Crooked Lane
and an old tin of GL Pease Renaissance

Thank you, Santa, you were very kind and generous

"T"

Nice haul's everyone! It looks like Santa has been particularly generous this year!