Secret Santa 2012

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok! We should see the last of Santa's deliveries this week. A few were delayed in mailing, but should be on the way today and hopefully Santa will get them there later this week. Try to drop me a PM or notice here if the Big Jolly Guy has been by and made the pickup. Any problems, holler!

HO ho Ho! :santa:

I had some stuff come up and wasn't around. I received word that I have a box at home waiting so as soon as I'm able I'll report.

jhuggett":4qho2ry5 said:
I had some stuff come up and wasn't around. I received word that I have a box at home waiting so as soon as I'm able I'll report.

Good deal! Several fellows have had some things come up. As long as everyone gets shipped today and maybe tomorrow, we should be just fine. Give us some pics when you can. And have a Merry Christmas! :santa:

gravel":tc2wu4tn said:
kaiser83":tc2wu4tn said:
Simple Man":tc2wu4tn said:
i.keenum":tc2wu4tn said:
Sure thats not Santos?
Nope. We call him Santa. :lol:
He however likes to be called Satan. He thinks it gives off a more powerful demeanor being a biker and all.
Not to be confused with Satin Morales.
What have I told you about using my street name here on the BoB!?

GrampaGrossbart":2qpx48wr said:
gravel":2qpx48wr said:
kaiser83":2qpx48wr said:
Simple Man":2qpx48wr said:
i.keenum":2qpx48wr said:
Sure thats not Santos?
He however likes to be called Satan. He thinks it gives off a more powerful demeanor being a biker and all.
I thought you only used that name on Thursdays.

moulin10.jpg

Fishfuzz":6nkn076e said:
GrampaGrossbart":6nkn076e said:
gravel":6nkn076e said:
kaiser83":6nkn076e said:
Simple Man":6nkn076e said:
i.keenum":6nkn076e said:
Sure thats not Santos?
I thought you only used that name on Thursdays.

moulin10.jpg
It's always Thursday somewhere in the space-time continuum, sailor!

Status of today, Santa tells me that 14 packages needed to be delivered. But that doesn't count what may have arrived today. I have not heard from 7 as to whether or not they have shipped yet. Try to keep me updated. I would like to hear from everyone either here or via PM about whether or not packages have shipped. Then I can just worry about them arriving. I know of a couple situations and they have handled those. I messed up on one address, the USPS sorted it out and figured out what we meant. Does not mean I didn't mess up on another. :santa:

Oh, and some of you may have noticed other threads. Bombs are still falling, which makes this all the more exciting and confusing sometimes. :lol:

Mine came in the other day, but it was final exam week, so I just now got around to taking pix.

My gift box included four tins of G.L.Pease's finest, including three of the limited edition blends they put out last year. Also, about a half pound of IRC Flake (old Ken and I had an on-going discussion about the maker of this particular flake that we never arrived at a conclusion) three large bags of pipe cleaners (and I was running low) a nice MM cob, and a beautifully grained saucer/sitter (?) pipe. :cheers: :D :cheers:

All in all, a great bunch of gifts. I'm clueless as to who my SS was, but thanks, dude.

Now, can anyone tell me what tobaccos make up the Balrog Blend and the Arrakis Spice? I've moused around a bit on-line and can't find mention of the components. The Childhood's End states it's a "Latakia, Orientals, Virginia and traces of dark rum".

Thanks again,

Natch

The label on "Childhood's End" (and the name itself) are one of the coolest I've seen. :D Gotta love that late 70s/early 80s "computer font." :cheers: If you don't like that stuff, Natch, please allow me to at least adopt the tin!

8)

My package arrived today...rather than tobacco, my Santa opted to send some fantastic hardware. I am a HUGE fan of the bent bulldog, and my package included a bent GBD bully, restored by Santa, himself. As far as I can tell, this is a pre-Comoy GBD, so I expect that it will smoke fantastically well. Also included was a beautiful walnut bowl, again turned by Mr. Claus. The note that was included suggested that it may be excellent to use for drying out tobacco, and that's a fine idea, but I might have a few thoughts of my own.

Many thanks, Santa...this will all be put to very good use (immediately, in fact).

And as usual, my lighting is bad, my camera is awful, and my skills as a photographer are downright offensive. My apologies, Santa, for making these fine gifts look like something made in an elementary school art class - I promise you they're much more impressive up close and personal!

If you wanted to keep both items working in your pipe world, and depending on size, that bowl would make a beautiful 'drying bowl' for blends that needed a little airing before being smoked.

Especially if the wood was Sassafrass. That's the wood to use all right! Did the sended mention what is was?