Secret Santa 2012

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice packages there guys! Santa has been very kind to everyone it seems. :cheers:

Blackhorse":tuwd7ys0 said:
If you wanted to keep both items working in your pipe world, and depending on size, that bowl would make a beautiful 'drying bowl' for blends that needed a little airing before being smoked.

Especially if the wood was Sassafrass. That's the wood to use all right! Did the sended mention what is was?

Black Walnut. And he actually did mention that using it to dry tobacco would be an excellent way to put it to good use.

BTW, I'm about a third of the way through my first bowl with the GBD, and it smokes like a dream.

That's a lathering bowl for wetshaving if I've ever seen one.... Very very very schweet!

Status update. By my count, possibly 12 yet to be dropped off by the Jolly ol' soul. 6 of those are indicated as having been mailed or are being taken care of. 1 may already have received his in amongst all the bombing going on. :lol: :lol: So I think we are down to 5 I have not heard from. Do not know if they have been mailed. I am gonna start sending some PM's if'in y'all don't let me know if they have mailed. Thanks! :santa:

Those hand crafted bowls are pretty neat. I have purchased two for decoration around the house. Cathy likes them a lot. Huge amount of work. And pricey! When people see them we get a lot of compliments about them. Ho ho HO! :santa:

puros_bran":ap78bdk6 said:
That's a lathering bowl for wetshaving if I've ever seen one.... Very very very schweet!
At the rate I grow facial hair it would barely ever see the light of day.

Santa made a delivery to my house today!

Fooled him again this year :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I'll locate a camera and post an update as soon as I can find that $#*& camera!

Well I am finally posting a picture. My secret Santa was Black Horse. He once again has shown his generosity, and that he puts him self into whatever he does. I have to say that I have never received such nice gifts, and I could not have asked for anything better for Christmas. The gentleman on the left is tied for my favorite, the detail is amazing, and his top hat comes off, and the head acts as a drying chamber, or more likely, a hiding place for my tobacco when it becomes illegal to smoke. It also has a magnet for the jar lid. The jar is full of zombie tobacco called Tomblaca. It is an Indonesian hut-cured burley, It says, "This is the sh!& smoked by zombies. Smoke too much and you will look like one." I assume this will come in handy in the upcoming days. The next thing which tied for my favorite is the reamer, made from Damascus steel, and the handle has my name, christeaux, inscribed on it. Next is the corn cob pipe, which I am not sure on the official shape but to me it looks like what a bulldog cob would look like, and I love bulldogs. He also gave me a tine of solani virginia flake with perique(myfavorite tobacco), and escudo navy deluxe, also a vaper. I am going to store one tine and open one on Christmas day, I have not decided which one I will open yet. And last, but definitely not least is a box of twenty-two vega de fonesca cigars. I can never thank Black Horse enough.

You know...one good thing about USPS shipping and the flat rate thing...that 25 count humidor was HEAVY for its size and would have cost a fortune to send any other way. F Rate B great - at least for small-n-heavy.

Way To Go BH.

I want to thank my Santa again, much to generous. MIKE

Sorry for the delay gentlemen. I was very spoiled this year by Santa. I received a pipe from his very own workshop. I don't know about you guys but there is no more treasured gift I can think of than a masterpiece crafted by his own hands. Want to see it? (He also takes better photos than I do.)

http://www.dshpipes.com/gallery-2/2012-2/blasted-danish-dublin/

Also included were two tins of Hearth & Home Marquee Magnum Opus. I can't wait to sit down and fill my new pipe with this new to me blend. I may wait until Christmas day and really enjoy the holiday.

Thanks you so much Santa. You really out did yourself.

The pipe is amazingly light and hangs in the mouth perfectly. Some of the better stem work I have seen as well. I'm going to really enjoy smoking it, I can tell already.

I think it is tainted and you should send it to me for quarantine. :santa:

Mr. Huber, great job! First time I saw the new site, too. Good job on that, too.

8)

jhuggett":rtm2nghx said:
Sorry for the delay gentlemen. I was very spoiled this year by Santa. I received a pipe from his very own workshop. I don't know about you guys but there is no more treasured gift I can think of than a masterpiece crafted by his own hands. Want to see it? (He also takes better photos than I do.)

http://www.dshpipes.com/gallery-2/2012-2/blasted-danish-dublin/

Also included were two tins of Hearth & Home Marquee Magnum Opus. I can't wait to sit down and fill my new pipe with this new to me blend. I may wait until Christmas day and really enjoy the holiday.

Thanks you so much Santa. You really out did yourself.
So glad you like the pipe, Jason! It was absolutely my pleasure to make it for you. Let us know how she smokes. :santa: