What are you listening to

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EJinVA":8qlpy2wg said:
Today it's Van Halen 1984, brings back fond memories. :geek:
Been a while, but isn't this the album with their (drunken) version of Happy Trails at the end of it? Loved that album growing up.....

hazmat":4kgqe5bf said:
EJinVA":4kgqe5bf said:
Today it's Van Halen 1984, brings back fond memories. :geek:
Been a while, but isn't this the album with their (drunken) version of Happy Trails at the end of it? Loved that album growing up.....
Actually, that's on Diver Down, another excellent 80's work.

1984 brings back my senior year in high school.

Sirius chan 19. AC/DC Radio.

The Vatican made me do it. :D

I need to restate my Brian Johnson position...He didn't instantly cause the downfall...they were still cool at Who Made Who... They went south after that...

I need to take the Pig off this truck and get meself a big Joker!

PS: If you are travelling Westbound on I-40 in TN or Northbound on I-65 between Nashville & Louisville please keep yourself in the far right lane.... Daddys goin home.

puros_bran":e65xgi6c said:
Sirius chan 19. AC/DC Radio.

The Vatican made me do it. :D :lol!:

I need to restate my Brian Johnson position...He didn't instantly cause the downfall...they were still cool at Who Made Who... They went south after that...
Just ran out for a Big Mac & heard Who made Who playing on our local hard rock station 105.3 The Bear. To be honest I didnt even know about the singer debate until about a year ago, I just liked their hard, raw, kick ass style. I agree after WmW I can't really state anything from them that stands out. Heard anything from their new Album?
Metallica has a new one too. Ditto question?

Consider this, I notice that GnR is also releasing a new album, but Slash aint playing guitar, so are they not GnR?

GnR was a victom of being to good. How could ANY hair metal band top Appetite For Destruction,the ultimate Hair Metal Album.
They tried, but couldn't.

GnR without Slash,without Izzy..is not GnR. What astounds me is Axl thinks he has a right to the name, and that the other members are allowing it. As for the Album, I've heard its really really bad

Metallica souled out for the Black Album. They changed their sound,alienated most of their fans, all for a buck or two million. Don't believe me? Play any of the hundreds of albums from their pre-top40 days and then listen to anything that made top40. Screw 'em.

As for AC/DC post Who Made Who... 'Thunderstruck' one song out of 60-80 songs..when back in the day every song off every album was an Anthem...
I've heard most of the new album(thanks to AC/DC radio) nothing strikes me as foot tappin good, much less fly the bird at the man,scream at the top of your lungs good.

Axel is just like Sebastian Bach of Skid Row, great frontman with that one specific band, but it's because of the talent around him and the specific chemistry of the band. Take him away from that and he's nothin special.

Today it's been Metallica's ...AND JUSTICE FOR ALL. One of my favs.

<<<<BTW we need a headbanger emoticon. If anyone knows how to do that.

Thelonius Monk - Piano Solos from 1954 in Paris.

Round about Midnight
Reflections
Smoke gets in your eyes
Well, you Needn't
Portrait of an Ermite
Manganese
Eronol
Off Minor

Been listening to Rick Scaggs "Soldier of the Cross". Great Bluegrass!

Carlos thanks for the inspiration...

Monk5.jpg

This will be my first attempt at posting a pic so let's see how it goes...

This is what's playing on the iTunes this morning...

Ryan.jpg

Justpipes":6ogampie said:
I have this CD as well as Ancient Tones from Ricky Scaggs. He has to be one of the best modern bluegrass artists out there. When I'm in a grass mood it's either him or older Alison Krause stuff.

EJinVA":r83056ee said:
Justpipes":r83056ee said:
I have this CD as well as Ancient Tones from Ricky Scaggs. He has to be one of the best modern bluegrass artists out there. When I'm in a grass mood it's either him or older Alison Krause stuff.
Amen! Anything Alison Kraus!!! Believe it or not one of the best Allison Kraus CD's is the Cracker Barrel CD. I also really like the Live 2 CD set!

My students, bitching & moaning about all the reasons why they're failing my class (and most of their other classes as well) and how their future in medical school is in doubt if they don't get an A in my class (their future as a "sanitation engineer" is in doubt in my mind!) and how they really would have to come to class and actually studied except their grandmother died (for the third time in two years) and is there anything they can do for extra credit to help their grade (like change the title page on the same paper their fraternity brothers have been "recycling" for years to get all sorts of bonus points).

Not my favorite tune, but I know the melody pretty well by now. :mrgreen:

Natch

Natch":421l1eii said:
My students, bitching & moaning about all the reasons why they're failing my class (and most of their other classes as well) and how their future in medical school is in doubt if they don't get an A in my class (their future as a "sanitation engineer" is in doubt in my mind!) and how they really would have to come to class and actually studied except their grandmother died (for the third time in two years) and is there anything they can do for extra credit to help their grade (like change the title page on the same paper their fraternity brothers have been "recycling" for years to get all sorts of bonus points).

Not my favorite tune, but I know the melody pretty well by now. :mrgreen:

Natch
Go home and smoke your favorite pipe brother. :pipe:

Natch":esyewwmc said:
My students, bitching & moaning about all the reasons why they're failing my class
My deep empathy on this one. Too bad you don't teach high school... I got to hear two generations of lying, whining, and malingering, four times a year. You know the old familiar tune you're hearing now? Imagine it as a quartet of Mom, Dad, student, and guidance counselor, hoping that if they're loud enough it'll be okay to turn in a final paper with "you're" spelled "ur."