What are you listening to

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dizzie Gillespie,

Songs:
Birks' Works
Bloomdido
Sometimes I'm Happy
Wee
I Remember Clifford
Con Alma
Ool Ya Koo
The Umbrella Man
Fiesta Mojo
Chega De Saudade
Come Sunday
Be-Bop

Later Miles Davis/Gil Evans

then,,,,,,John Coltrane "My Favorite Things"

Hey MB,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is any of this stuff good?

:lol!:

thomas james":1w5e9n1g said:
Dizzie Gillespie,

Songs:
Birks' Works
Bloomdido
Sometimes I'm Happy
Wee
I Remember Clifford
Con Alma
Ool Ya Koo
The Umbrella Man
Fiesta Mojo
Chega De Saudade
Come Sunday
Be-Bop

Later Miles Davis/Gil Evans

then,,,,,,John Coltrane "My Favorite Things"

Hey MB,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is any of this stuff good?

Well Tj since you asked my reply would have to be Yes. (I know you knew I would agree) Dizzy was/is the forbearer of all that was cool and cutting edge. Keep up the good work, I raise my pipe (dunnie bulldog) and a fresh copy of Miles Davis "Kind of Blue" in your honor....

Midnight Blues":jnwhykb0 said:
For Carlos:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XoG3TACGXZo" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I just saw this! 8) I have three of their albums. A lot of energy for a two man band.

Justpipes":rbmiycdl said:
Marshall Tucker

Fire on the Mountain
Can't You See

Don't see MTB get called out much anymore. "Searchin' for a Rainbow" (the album containing both of those cuts) was/is damn good stuff. Saw them, along with Foghat, Allman Bros, Black Oak Arkansas, and others, at August Jam at the Charlotte Motor Speedway in '74 or '75 - them Carolina boys sure could jam.

Yeah, I hear "My wife splainin it to me" all the time, TJ, but I can't say I'm too enamored of the vocals on this version.

Miles Davis/ Kind of Blue, Just amazing...

md.jpg

Midnight Blues":i88t5zap said:

md.jpg
Hey, I have that one!

MB, I have heard that that is THE all time best selling jazz album. Is that true?

Right now, I'm listinn' to "Short Trip Home"
with:
Joshua Bell
Mike Marshall
Edgar Meyer
Sam Bush

Not sure who is the "lead" here and who is "accompaniment"

They are each virtuosi.

thomas james":8vlvnm6v said:
Midnight Blues":8vlvnm6v said:

md.jpg
Hey, I have that one!

MB, I have heard that that is THE all time best selling jazz album. Is that true?
Tj, I've heard that said about this Lp "Perhaps the most influential and best selling Jazz record ever made" but after listening to it again today I have to say its about as good as it gets. My recommendation is to fill a pipe and sit back and give this one a listen. Just amazing....

thomas james":v37iy1vr said:
Right now, I'm listinn' to "Short Trip Home"
with:
Joshua Bell
Mike Marshall
Edgar Meyer
Sam Bush

Not sure who is the "lead" here and who is "accompaniment"

They are each virtuosi.
Tj, Blue Grass too? You are amazing, Have you heard this one?

51M7N6D1JSL_AA240_.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZBuMFDHkrH8" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MB,

OF COURSE BLUEGRASS!

Many other genres as well.

Everything BUT rap and reggae.

If you start posting other stuff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'll go tit for tat,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,for awhile, I fear!

Bring it on big guy,,,,,,,,,,,

Flyleaf, Finger Eleven, Evanescence, iTunes is on shuffle on my workout playlist. Now where's that air guitar emoticon?

Anybody ever listen to Beethoven on shuffle?

That is just plain weird,,,,,,,,,,

thomas james":cui04nn2 said:
MB,

OF COURSE BLUEGRASS!

Many other genres as well.

Everything BUT rap and reggae.

If you start posting other stuff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'll go tit for tat,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,for awhile, I fear!

Bring it on big guy,,,,,,,,,,,
Ok T,

Here's another Jazz great Lp / Jimmy Smith, Midnight Special on Blue Note. Gotta love that Hammond B3

jimmysmithmidnightspecial.jpg