What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ovaltine coffee, mixed tobacco crumbs in the MM Legend. It's time to ...

Wakey Wakey.JPG

Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Smoking a Molina slightly bent Rhodesian with Borkum Riff original blend. After smoking a half dozen bowl`s of this stuff I decided that I will not reorder any more of it. It`s a good quality tobacco,but it`s not anything special to me. Pricey too.

Saddened that my thrift store find of an unsmoked Dunhill broke last night. I pulled the stem out to clean it, and managed to crack a chunk out of the [whatever the part you stick the stem in is called.] I superglued it back in this morning, sanded the end of the stem down so it fit easier. We'll see what happens. Of course, I managed to get a bit on the finish, so it's not pretty anymore.

Had a bowl of straggler Presbyterian bits added to John Bull, in my Savinelli 673KS. I'll try the Dunhill later today.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking Sutliff Cringle Flake (Holiday Edition 2023) in a 1986 three quarter bend Bacchus face CAO meer with a tapered dark tortoise shell colored acrylic stem. Working on a review of this blend which goes on sale Dec. 5 at 6 p.m. EST. Aged red Virginias with stoved katerini and the last of Mark Ryan's 2003 perique.
CAO-Bacchus.jpg

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of Sutliff Cringle Flake (Holiday Edition 2023) in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meer.jpg

Passing the half way mark of this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This pipe is well seasoned by this blend.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

Smoking a seldom used Pete XL 02 Aran with MB 7 seas regular, Decaf k-cup. This is an old republic of Ireland pipe and it`s smoking great. I don`t understand why it got buried in the back of the pipe rack. I guess it may be time to start looking through these pipe racks and sorting things out.

Pre dinner smoke of GLP Quiet Nights in a Sav Hercules 320EX with oolong tea. Got the new shocks on. Some improvement but not as much as anticipated. My last smoke for today. Good evening BoBs.
I put Legends Revos (the cheapest ones they sell, if you can still call them cheap at all) on my RK and noticed a large improvement. Progressive monotube drop ins in the front also improved the handling quite a bit. One of these days I need to re-adjust my rear suspension since I set it for my weight, but my gal rides on the back about 80% of the time, so I need to stiffen it a little to compensate for riding 2-up.

Did you stick with the stock height? I think the street glide shocks are 1" shorter than the road glide or road king. The RK special also gets the shorter shocks. Come to think of it, all the "special" versions might.