What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a set of walking reps in this sweltering heat and humidity, and smoked a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2017 Esoterica Dorchester in a straight smooth brown 1920s KBB Rocky Briar 1582 patent no.298978 with a B in a circle bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Cleaning estate pipes as I listen to the Marlins-Mets game.
KBB Kaywoodie_Rocky1582-bulldog.jpg

Did another set of walks, and am close to finishing this bowl of Mac Baren Scottish Mixture in a straight, smooth brown 1960s Lane era Charatan Special 38 bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and plenty of bergs is my drink. The 1924 Dunhill pot is cleaned. Now to decide what I should smoke in it.
1960s_Lane_Charatan_Special38_bulldog.jpg

Here's the Dunnie pot.
Dunhill pot.jpg

Smoking a Pete XL90 with some Casey Jones Tobacco. We had a fundraiser at our K of C to Kick off our coats for kids program,Small turnout ! I decided we will have 2 more fundraisers on weekend nights. why these brother knights thought today would work is baffling me still- It`s hard to raise money when everyones at work.

I decided the pot should be dedicated to Virginias, so I'm a quarter of the way through a newly opened tin of year 2014 HU Sunset in a straight 1924 Dunhill’s “Shell Briar” patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. First time smoking this pipe, of course. The lady who had owned it lived in New Zealand, and when she passed away, her daughter sold it to a friend who sold it my friend who gave it to me. The lady owned this pipe, a cob, and a basket pipe. I dedicate this smoke to her.
Dunhill pot.jpg

Last edited:
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken and green beans dinner with rocky road ice cream for dessert. I've about a quarter of a bowl left of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

About a quarter of a bowl left of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Did a set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Did a little extra walking in case the rain washes out the possibility of more walks.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Put the final cleaning touches on the other pipes I got on Monday, and I'm about half way through this bowl of year 2014 4Noggins Prairie Wind in a smooth medium brown medium bend 1950s B.B.B. Own Make 307 apple with a sterling silver band and black vulcanite saddle stem.
B.B.B._Own_Make307_apple .jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2014 HU Sunset in a straight 1924 Dunhill’s “Shell Briar” patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Watching Stargirl.
Dunhill pot.jpg

Phone chatting with the great Joe Lankford, and in his honor I am smoking from a freshly opened tin of his creation of year 2015 Seattle Pipe Club Deception Pass in a smooth straight brown late 1930s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow Deluxe Bruyere 9708B pot with a nickel accent and a black tapered vulcanite stem. First time smoking this pipe.
Linkman's_Dr. Grabow_Deluxe9708B_pot.jpg