What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, if you happen to run across another one, especially the EX, let me know. Would love to have one.
No problem! I will definitely let you know if and when I see one. Aside from eBay, every once in awhile an Estella pops up on Smoking Pipes in their estate section.

There was recently someone on eBay who listed over 30 Estella pipes as a lot for like $1500. It didn’t sell, so he broke them up individually, but was asking way too much at that point. Don’t recall him listing a 320, although he did list the 310 I was after, but I wasn’t about to pay what he was asking for it!

Thanks, I love mine but won't overpay for one. That's the odd thing about ebay. I have seen basically the same pipe for 50 bucks on one site and over a hundred on another. Guess that's why the saying, buyer beware, lol.

CH in a MM cob, strong morning coffee, sun just starting to peek over the horizon, gentle sound of the waterfall in the background, birdies just coming to the feeders. Total bliss.

Short bowl of C&D Billy Budd in a MM 5th ave. 3td cup o joe. Sun is up. Gonna be warm today, 90+ temps. Heading out later with my riding pal to look at property. He wants to get 40 acres off the grid, up in pinion pine country by Ash Fork where we can ride, shoot guns, and not be bothered by anyone, lol.

Cool morning for a change here; got up early (for me!!), fed the kitties, went outside to do a little yard work/gardening. First, a bowl of Bob's Choc. Flake in an old Comoy Tradition Liverpool stamped with "Sutliff over San Francisco" on the right side! Next, some very old Van Rossem's Troost Slices in a GBD second from the pipe shop where I worked in the mid 60's. These were our shop pipes but made with and stamped "Aged Algerian Briar." Finally, some good ol' CH in a BBB "Tortoise" pot. Nice morning!! FTRPLT

Last edited:
Finished up some DGTd Billy Budd from this am. Now it's EITC Evening Stroll in a Molina semi bent rhodesian with iced coffee.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-08-17-42-30.png
    Screenshot_2021-09-08-17-42-30.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
Breaking in my new Pete Sherlock Holmes Watson with CH. Can't say I really like the Plip but if it smokes good otherwise I will modify it like I did my other plip by using a dremel to make it a straight draw. With ice water.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-08-18-46-55.png
    Screenshot_2021-09-08-18-46-55.png
    757 KB · Views: 54
Gawith Hoggarth Coniston Cut Plug in a Savinelli bent made for and purchased at Main Street Cigar in Bel Air, Maryland. One of the first pipes purchased when I began smoking in 2009. Has since become dedicated to Lakeland blends.
18B2A706-D2E5-4948-B7E9-C9002A950A78.jpeg

4 Noggins Hobbits Weed in a large Don Carlos 1 note bent apple with cowboy coffee. Gonna be another warm, 90+, day.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-09-07-47-37.png
    Screenshot_2021-09-09-07-47-37.png
    684.5 KB · Views: 54
Steve got me thinking. Haven't smoked any of my meers for a while either, although not a year, lol. So, broke out my huge I. Baglin that I only smoke on rare occasions. My Urban Cowboy blend with french vanilla coffee. Good stuff.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-09-08-59-23.png
    Screenshot_2021-09-09-08-59-23.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 50
Just finished a bowl of Wilke Crystal Palace in a Pete Rosslare full bent. Now it's Wilke #400 in a Maestro de Paya 1/4 bent apple to compare. Port wine with both. Don't get the reviews that compare 400 to BSOSM. BS was stronger in lat flavor, but much smoother. I'm in the camp that says BSOSM will never be recreated. Too bad as it was a wonderful blend.

Happy Friday to all affected by the work week! A nice cool Fall like morning here in Maryland. Getting the day started with Ken Byron Ventures Spaghetti Western ‘21 in a Savinelli Estella 316 EX.
8DD4F993-A920-4081-A8D9-28356AAD4FBD.jpeg

Hello,
Just got in from work,been battling a head cold all week,so I have not been smoking much!
Smoking my original Lestrade with some Moontrance. I got my 2nd Lestrade yesterday,but I have not gotten a chance to sand out the crappy Peterson coating out of the pipe yet...