What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last of my urban cowboy topped off with some CH in a big Don Carlos 1/2 bent dublin with cowboy coffee. Still a bit sore from 7 hours of putting up Xmas lights yesterday.

Attachments

• 20211207_193814.jpg
    20211207_193814.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 50
  • 20211207_193715.jpg
    20211207_193715.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 52
About a third of a bowl left from a freshly opened first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

CS Rivendell in a Pete 2021 Xmas Milverton with fresh brewed coffee. Went out for an hour and blew all the dead leaves from under the plum tree. Just in time as it is starting to rain. Lunch with my Ranger buds at noon then out to the ranch to ride Cochise if not raining by then.

Now smoking the last of this sample of 1920s Buckingham Cut Plug Smoking Tobacco in a smooth brown medium bend early 1900s C.P.F. The Chesterfield (Peterson copy) French briar military mount billiard with a nickel cap and black vulcanite AB p-lip stem.
Chesterfield_Bent BilliardMM_AB.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, did a set of walking reps on this cold day, and am close to finishing this bowl of Watch City COE Beta Test Blend #1 in a 1978 BBB straight smooth brown Silver Mounted 522 pot with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
BBB_Silver Mounted522_pot.jpg

Closing in on the half way mark of this bowl of Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark brown medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a vulcanite black tapered AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked. A cup of hot tea is my drink.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Now smoking year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a medium bend smooth dark brown 1968 Barling 5631 London England TVF billiard silver spigot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Barling_Spigot_1849.jpg

Smoking a Custombilt straight billiard with BB Sherman`s march tobacco with a K-cup. Ordered some rivendell and second breakfast from country squire earlier today.Hopefully they are good choices as I am no longer happy with my 7 seas regular...
Pretty sure you will love the Rivendell. It is good stuff. Actually a very good blend. 2nd breakfast is good too but since you seem to like aros I might suggest you try Choctaw, or Figgy Pudding if still available.

Ranger107;
According to Peretti the blend only contains Orientals and Latakia. All the other "Balkans" I've come across have Virginia in the background, tobaccoreviews.com calls it an Oriental but since all the tobaccos are from the Balkans I'd say it's one of the few truly Balkan blends!