What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with a small scoop of chocolate ice cream for dessert. I'm close to finishing this bowl of C&D Yorktown in a smooth terracotta medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a vulcanite black tapered AB stem. Community Coffee, neat is my drink. Getting ready to help m'lady with Christmas cards.
4AB-TC_left2.jpg

Couldn't sleep, so I'm awake and am half way through this bowl from a freshly opened first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

About half way through this bowl of year 2012 Carter Hall in a black rusticated medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 437/500 military mount with a silver cap and a vulcanite black tapered AB stem.
4AB_Rust_left.jpg

Good morning,
Smoking a Bari Wiking freehand along with BB Sherman`s march tobacco. Kona coffee too.
I was called into work last night because my boss was angry about 1 of the waiters. The waiter is a nice guy,but disrespectful,lazy and incompetent and for the first time in my life I had to fire someone.I did not want to do this but this is what I was told to do. I know the guy deserved it and I personally have talked to him many times over the last few weeks hoping he would get it together. I feel terrible and slept about 4 hours last night as I know this guy has a wife and a couple of kids, Christmas is weeks away as well...

EZONSLOW;
You talked with him which should have clued him in that his job was in jeopardy. It's not fair to his coworkers who have to pick up the slack, his customers who recieve poor service, or, the company that loses revenue due to his poor performance. It's not fun, but you did what needed to be done.

Just finishing up a Pride full of Charring Cross and moving on to Peterson Flake with a Sweet Vermouth and Sparkling Water on the side.

Good morning,
Smoking a Bari Wiking freehand along with BB Sherman`s march tobacco. Kona coffee too.
I was called into work last night because my boss was angry about 1 of the waiters. The waiter is a nice guy,but disrespectful,lazy and incompetent and for the first time in my life I had to fire someone.I did not want to do this but this is what I was told to do. I know the guy deserved it and I personally have talked to him many times over the last few weeks hoping he would get it together. I feel terrible and slept about 4 hours last night as I know this guy has a wife and a couple of kids, Christmas is weeks away as well...
EZ, no reason for you to feel bad. You said he was a "nice" guy, and in the same sentence said he was lazy, incompetent, and disrespectful. Those statements are contradictory. You did what you could. He can't, or shouldn't, blame you for doing your job. I have had to fire several people in my career and never did so without cause, after numerous warnings. Only question I would have is why didn't your boss fire the guy??

Smoking a Pete Christmas Milverton with Lane BCA along with another Kona coffee,I really love this coffee,but 100% Kona coffee prices are outrageous,I treated myself to a pound for the holidays.

A third of the way through this bowl of Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark brown medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a vulcanite black tapered AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth natural medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a vulcanite black tapered AB stem.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

A third of a bowl left of C&D Yorktown in a smooth terracotta medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a vulcanite black tapered AB stem.
4AB-TC_left2.jpg

Getting close to the last third of this bowl of year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a black sandblast PSB medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 228/500 military mount with a silver cap and a vulcanite black tapered AB stem. Enjoying another cup of hot tea.
4AB_PSB_right.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a medium bend smooth dark brown 1968 Barling 5631 London England TVF billiard silver spigot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Barling_Spigot_1849.jpg