What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning,
Finally smoking my new Jeppesen Ida pipe with Sutliff maple/walnut tobacco,along with a freshly brewed Eldorado coffee. I really didn`t pay much attention to the size of this pipe when I ordered it. The pipe is the largest bent brandy I have ever seen,The inside bowl chamber appears to be an inch and a half wide ,while the bowl depth is about 3 inches deep. Surprisingly,It is not a heavy pipe as I have been clenching while typing with no problem. I am still not a big fan of acrylic stems,but a softey pipe bit will fix that,marble on the pipe stem looks good,but again,not a big fan.
Having said all of that, this is a high quality hand made pipe that I would highly recommend to everybody,sure it`s almost a 300 hundred dollar pipe,but in this case you get what you pay for... I assume the Neerups are a lot less expensive,but there not hand made either. I am searching for a Neerup as my next pipe.

D&R Rimboche in a Comoy's Extraordinaire billard on the way to work. Ordered a pound after reading Jim's Inks review and this is my second bowl of it. Gonna start the year off right by putting in a 5 pound order for it after Christmas🙂
16392295328947734667063023760648.jpg

Ranger107;
Lancers is probably the best value in that group, 500 grams ends up as 10 1.76 ounce tins at less than $6.00 each. I believe it's made by Dan Tobacco who also makes Hamborger Veermaster, a very nice Virginia Flake. After the four you've tried, I think the last two might miss the mark. I included the Levant as a well made Virginia forward blend but you seem to be enjoying the Latakia forward tobaccos.

Smoking a Pete Christmas Professor with MB 7 seas regular blend, Sadly, at least to me this tobacco is not as good as it used to be... Looking forward to my delivery from the country squire. Drinking the last of my coffee while ignoring my bosses phone calls. I`m assuming last nights catered wedding did not go well,but I did not work this event and I am not paid to be on 24 hour call... my days off are my days off !

Ranger107;
Lancers is probably the best value in that group, 500 grams ends up as 10 1.76 ounce tins at less than $6.00 each. I believe it's made by Dan Tobacco who also makes Hamborger Veermaster, a very nice Virginia Flake. After the four you've tried, I think the last two might miss the mark. I included the Levant as a well made Virginia forward blend but you seem to be enjoying the Latakia forward tobaccos.
Depends, I like some but not all virginia blends. I do like lat heavy blends, but then not all of them. The H&H series was disappointing except for 10 to midnight. Great taste but it smelled so strong I had to go change clothes after smoking it, lol.

Smoking a Pete Christmas Professor with MB 7 seas regular blend, Sadly, at least to me this tobacco is not as good as it used to be... Looking forward to my delivery from the country squire. Drinking the last of my coffee while ignoring my bosses phone calls. I`m assuming last nights catered wedding did not go well,but I did not work this event and I am not paid to be on 24 hour call... my days off are my days off !
Good for you. I spent probably a third of my working career on call 24/7/365. I was on salary so guess I was paid, but given the hours I put in not sure I came out ahead. Only real time off was when on vacation and still was expected to take phone calls. I enjoyed my job but sometimes sucked when called out at 3 or 4 am.

Not far from finishing this bowl from a first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Had a short bowl of CS Choctaw in a Pipa Croci 1/2 bent brandy before leaving home. Now having Sutliff Vanilla Royale in a Molina 1/4 bent rhodesian with a travel mug of winter blend sitting outside the tire shop while they rotate and balance my truck tires.

Good morning,
Finally smoking my new Jeppesen Ida pipe with Sutliff maple/walnut tobacco,along with a freshly brewed Eldorado coffee. I really didn`t pay much attention to the size of this pipe when I ordered it. The pipe is the largest bent brandy I have ever seen,The inside bowl chamber appears to be an inch and a half wide ,while the bowl depth is about 3 inches deep. Surprisingly,It is not a heavy pipe as I have been clenching while typing with no problem. I am still not a big fan of acrylic stems,but a softey pipe bit will fix that,marble on the pipe stem looks good,but again,not a big fan.
Having said all of that, this is a high quality hand made pipe that I would highly recommend to everybody,sure it`s almost a 300 hundred dollar pipe,but in this case you get what you pay for... I assume the Neerups are a lot less expensive,but there not hand made either. I am searching for a Neerup as my next pipe.
EZ, check out SmokingPipes today for a collection of Jeppesens for sale! FTRPLT

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am half way through this bowl of C&D Yorktown in a smooth terracotta medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a vulcanite black tapered AB stem.
4AB-TC_left2.jpg

Now smoking first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth natural medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a vulcanite black tapered AB stem.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Good morning,
EZ, where did you get your Jeppesen? I would like a pipe that large, but none of the ones listed on SP.com that Ftrplt referenced are anywhere near that big.

A quarter of the way through the last of this tin of year 2014 HU Sunset in a straight 1924 Dunhill’s “Shell Briar” patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Thinking about what to smoke in this pipe after this.
Dunhill pot.jpg