What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, French cut pork chops and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm smoking Wilke Lizzie Blood Virginia in a straight black with burgundy undertone sandblasted early 1960s Lane era Charatan 420 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Charatan_billiard_420.jpg

Charing Cross in a Nording 632. Drinking some high-octane from my Bialetti again. Wonderful stuff! Listening to some good music on the little radio.

Thinking about where to hang the thermometer in my garage. Would like to know the temperature in there while I'm smoking and working. Also need to place my carbon monoxide alarm in a good spot for when I'm running the kerosene heater. Deciding where to hang my receiver and speakers for some better sounding music.

Think I'll smoke something different in something different tomorrow. What will it be?

Decisions, decisions; life is good! Off to work in my tiny office.

My own Urban Cowboy in a Sav Hercules 606EX with cowboy coffee. Haven't had this for several weeks but got around to blending a batch yesterday. Kind of forgot how good this is with morning coffee. Having lunch with my Ranger buddies then out to the ranch to ride Cochise. Yes, life is good.

33° with a carved Italian brandy billiard thing and Night Train. It was a rich, rewarding smoke. Weirdly had an aftertaste of latakia. My buds have gone haywire.

A third of the way through this bowl of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Part way through this bowl of Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking the last of my open stash of year 2013 Capstan Gold in a post-WWII Bertram 60 straight smooth dark brown squat bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. I'll revisit this blend at some point in the future. Lavazza Espresso, neat, is my drink.
Bertram 60 squat bulldog.jpg

Almost a third of the way through the last of my open stash of Ken Byron Ventures Jupiter Slices in a post WW2 Pre-Republic Peterson made in Dublin straight smooth X155 Bulldog with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. This is the model Nigel Bruce smoked two Sherlock Holmes movies. Please tell Smoking Pipes and Peterson that you want them bring this model back if you're interested in getting one.
Peterson_PWW2_Bulldog_XL155.jpg

Now smoking Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Pre dinner smoke of C&D Stratfordshire in a Pete system B42 bent apple with military mount. Honey bourbon and bergs is my drink. Pulled a muscle in my back and fighting some pain. Hopefully between the pain pill and the alcohol it will subside. Lol.

Just finishing up the Stratfordshire. I just don't get all the rave reviews of this blend. If find it rather thin on the latakia and if there is oriental in there I can't find it. I guess if you want a really really mild English it might be okay but there are better out there.

Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a medium bend smooth dark brown 1968 Barling 5631 London England TVF billiard silver spigot with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Barling_Spigot_1849.jpg