What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you make your urban cowboy?
Amounts approximate. 60% SWR, 30% Black cav, I use Smokers Pride, and 10/15% McB Old Dark Fired. Basically I pour out whatever amount of SWR on a wax paper, then half as much black cav, then about a third or little more ODF compared go the black cav amount. Mix thoroughly. I'm not that anal about having it exact every time. Still comes out good.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, tuna steaks and snow peas dinner with a few chunks of freshly cut pineapple for dessert. I'm a third of the way through this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead plug in a medium bend, smooth brown 1950s Peterson 999 Dublin chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian_Dublin.jpg

Smoking a Pete Lestrade with MB Seven seas red and a freshly brewed mug of 8 o`clock decaf coffee,just received a text that I am working tonight & tomorrow night - I guess I am the new cook...

Good morning all. Hobbits Weed in a Don Carlos bent brandy with 8 o'clock Columbia Peaks coffee. Up early to go shooting with some buddies this morning. One pal got a new clay thrower. Haven't shot trap for years. Should be fun to see if I can still hit anything, lol.

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2015 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Been raining and there's a chance of tornandos, which is not common for where I live. No walking for me today, and I'd just as soon not get sucked up in the sky and land in Oz. Purgatory is just fine with me. ;)
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Italian poker that looks like a Charatan poker with Luxury Navy Flake. After coming out of this flu, I noticed smells more powerfully than I have for a while. Smelled fabric softner in the air yesterday and wondered if I stepped in it or something because it was so strong. Smelled my shaving soap and hand lotion more strongly this morning, too. Who knows? I do know the smoke was a fine one, and I tasted some nuances that have been missing for months. I've been surprised for more than one reason, as it is also allergy season for me.

Just passing the half way mark on this bowl of Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake in a 1938 smooth straight brown patent Dunhill R 115 bowling ball prince with a tapered cumberland stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1938_bowling-Left.jpg

Just passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2013 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth 1960 Dunhill DRA 137 group 4 root briar canted dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Dunhill_Birthyear-Left.jpg

Enjoyed four egg, ham and cheese biscuits with hash browns on the side, and pineapple for dessert. That's all the off-dieting I'm doing today. I'm a third of the way through this bowl of 2021 HU Directors Cut in a straight brown, probably 1950s-pre-1962 Dunhill Shell Briar 3S F/T lovat with a Dunhill factory repair shank and a tapered black vulcanite fishtail stem. Gold Star Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill repair right.jpg

Continuing my Dunhill afternoon as I near the half way mark on this bowl of year 2018 Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a 1982 smooth straight Dunhill Root Briar 31051 Dublin with a black vulcanite tapered stem. I used to smoke the Murray's version of Elizabethan in this pipe. Ice water and bergs is my drink.

Dunhill_1982Dublin_RootBriar_31051.jpg