What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Dan Tobacco Hamborger Veermaster in a medium bend black sandblasted 1925 Dunhill double patent “Shell” 56/10 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. First time smoking this pipe. The thunderstorms are back with an angry voice. Glad I have a good roof over my head.
Dunhill_1925_DP_billiard.jpg

Smoking a Bari Wiking freehand with low country hazelnut and a mug of decaf coffee. Very busy day at the soup kitchen, Surprisingly, I was getting some attitude from the woman who runs the place for the church. I believe she`s annoyed that I would not volunteer for the extra 2 days that she requested . If this crap continues I will be gone and she`s not smart enough to realize this...

Some Benediction in a Randy Wiley freehand bent dublin with iced coffee. EZ, same thing happened to me when I volunteered at the county humane equine center. Got a new supervisor who started treating us like stable hands instead of appreciating that we were volunteers giving of our own time and effort. After 3 weeks I said syanara.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, barramundi and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've about a third of a bowl left of year 2018 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Dodgers-Cardinals game, and getting ready to clean a few pipes.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Hello All,
Started the morning with Escudo and an iced coffee sweetened with blackstrap molasses. Lunch consisted of Peter Heinrich’s Special Curly and more iced coffee. The end of the work day was spent relaxing with some Fribourg & Treyer Special Brown Flake. After dinner I cracked open that green tin of Peterson 3P’s and carved off a nice dark flake. It was my favorite tobacco of the day.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, barramundi and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've about a third of a bowl left of year 2018 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Dodgers-Cardinals game, and getting ready to clean a few pipes.
View attachment 5333
I’m sorry if a lot of people ask you this, but what the heck is bergs? You make me want some and I don’t even know what it is! Lol.

I’m sorry if a lot of people ask you this, but what the heck is bergs? You make me want some and I don’t even know what it is! Lol.

As for bergs: I only drink those cut from that mean widdle iceberg that savagely attacked the fragile, innocent Titanic years ago. Our bergs are paw delivered by the trusty, when sober, St. Bernard. ;)

Half way through this bowl of year 2013 Rotary Navy Cut in a post-1938 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 bulldog with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Nigel Bruce smoked this model in two Sherlock Holmes movies. Please consider asking Smoking Pipes to bring back this model.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_XL155.jpg

As for bergs: I only drink those cut from that mean widdle iceberg that savagely attacked the fragile, innocent Titanic years ago. Our bergs are paw delivered by the trusty, when sober, St. Bernard. ;)

Half way through this bowl of year 2013 Rotary Navy Cut in a post-1938 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 bulldog with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Nigel Bruce smoked this model in two Sherlock Holmes movies. Please consider asking Smoking Pipes to bring back this model.
View attachment 5334
Lol. You even make ice sound delicious.

Good morning,
Smoking a Pete Christmas Milverton with Hobbits weed and a mug of Colombian peaks coffee.
Ranger, Thank you for sharing your experience, I think my days at the soup kitchen will be ending very shortly,Sadly,Many of these organisations are trying to do good a thing but are managed by clowns that don`t appreciate dedicated volunteers.

Smoking a Beraldi bent acorn with Lane LL-7 and the Last of my mornings coffee. I just spoke with a woman from an organisation called "Feeding Long Island" that is looking for volunteers which I am considering helping. My wife thinks I am crazy and feels that the same problems will repeat itself. She asked me to just stay home and enjoy your life...

Smoking a Custombilt bent pipe with Lane RLP-6,This old pipe has been with me for at least 2 decades, I have used putty and glue on it many times and it keeps right on chugging along,not the prettiest pipe to look at,but it smokes just fine ! USPS is supposed to deliver my 3 repaired pipes today, hopefully I am not disappointed with their work.

Smoking a Beraldi bent acorn with Lane LL-7 and the Last of my mornings coffee. I just spoke with a woman from an organisation called "Feeding Long Island" that is looking for volunteers which I am considering helping. My wife thinks I am crazy and feels that the same problems will repeat itself. She asked me to just stay home and enjoy your life...
Maybe, maybe not. Won't know unless you try. My wife and I volunteer a lot. We both served at the local VA as ambassadors 2 days a week plus doing dog therapy with our 2 shih tzus once a week and I drove for the DAV once a week bringing in vets who couldn't drive for their appts. Very rewarding. Dog therapy and the DAV got shut down during Covid. Wife still does 2 days a week helping vets find their way around, pushing vets in wheel chairs, etc. I moved on to Horses with Heart because they could not function without volunteers. Only paid staff are full time admin and certified instructors. Volunteers feed, water, muck stalls, groom and exercise the horses and assist instructors as coaches, horse leaders, sidewalkers, etc. We groom and tack up the horses for the therapy classes. I find it rewarding helping the participants who are physically or mentally handicapped and I get to spend a lot of time with the horses. I feel I am giving back to others less fortunate than myself. And, most importantly, I feel appreciated for my contribution. Sorry for the long winded response but just wanted to make the point that not all organizations are poorly run. If you feel you are helping others it's a good feeling.

Close to finishing this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Getting back into codger cowboy mode with CH in a MM cob and a mug of strong black coffee. Some deet spray and a citronella candle seems to be fending off the gnats. Now that I am post covid I want to go out and ride Cochise today. Haven't been out for over a week and I am jonesing to get back in the saddle.

Now smoking KBV Orange Thunder (Golf Series) in a 1985 three quarter bend medium brown Ascorti KS Business Dublin with a black acrylic saddle stem. This blend goes on sale Saturday. I'm working on a review as I watch the Pirates-Marlins game. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Ascorti_BusinessKS_Dublin.jpg