What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now smoking Sutliff Crumble Kake Rustica No. 5 Barrel Aged (Limited Edition) in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem.
Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meer.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, char and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm not far from finishing this bowl of year 2013 Esoterica Tilbury in a three quarter bend 1983 Jobey Danski 2 straight grain freehand rough top sitter with an pearl amber acrylic stem. Haven't smoked this pipe in a long time. It's light as a feather, and the grain is better than the photo sez it is. Gonna have to take another pic of it.
Jobey_Danski.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Excellent! As usual, it needed a few extra relights, but it's worth a bit of fuss; just a touch of Lakeland essence and chocolate
Thanks. I’m going to get some on the next drop of GH & Co. Picked up 4oz of Scotch Flake about a week ago and that was really good.

Enjoyed a tasty Jazz apple, and am smoking Wilke Crystal Palace in a dark brown smooth straight post-WW2 LHS Certified Purex 79 bulldog with a nickel ferrule and tenon with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Fed three ferals, too, though they don't eat apples.
LHS Certified Purex 79 bulldog .jpg

Thanks. I’m going to get some on the next drop of GH & Co. Picked up 4oz of Scotch Flake about a week ago and that was really good.
Granted I fell recently for a new release, but Scotch Flake is one of the few blends on my 'buy whenever available' list

huh, just got a notice from Smoking Pipes that this is available again! in for 8 oz

Last edited:
Good morning gents. Got up early to run to the hospital for lab tests since they have to be fasting and the Dr hadn't turned in the orders yet. So wasted trip. Sheesh. Back home on the patio with some CS Rivendell in a Butz Choquin magnum bent brandy. Costa Rican coffee. No birdies yet.

Bald Headed Teacher in a MM cob with more coffee. I'm just trying to burn this up and be rid of it. I just don't get all the 4 star reviews. I don't taste any Latakia at all, and as a burley blend it's just boring. I would rather smoke CH or SWR. For a light Lat blend Shepherds Pie beats it by a mile.

It got above freezing before noon the last few days here, so I better iron my speedos! Bengal slices in a mostly unmarked pipe I picked up at an antique shop last week (there are hallmarks on the ferrule but I haven't looked them up yet). For breakfast, pecan bars I made last night, gluten free at the wife's request and walnuts instead of pecans because I don't really care for pecans lol! 20230203_092850.jpg20230203_092922.jpg