What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still sorting through seeds and deciding what to germinate next. I'm done with tomatoes, peppers and zucchini for now. I've done a rough till of the raised beds, peas and lettuce will go in next week. I just lit a Kingston Judge filled with Charring Cross, it's time to head out with bird and bunny treats!

A third of the way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Been out most of the day, so little chance of even sneaking a crafty little smoke. But I'm managing to plug a quick bowl of Rivendell in a Savinelli Gaius as we head back to the car. Then it's off to a restaurant with Mrs Z to have dinner, before finally heading home. I hope everyone is having a great day.

Tried mixing the Black Shag with 5 Brothers. Approximately 50/50. In a MM Park Ave cob. Didn't really improve either one. Still smoking a hot. Had to rehydrate my blending Latakia. Will ty some of that in it. If that doesn't work the whole mess is going in the trash. Only a bit less than an oz. so no big loss.

Taking a break with Kensington in a Rob Roy.

Backyard flock, single breed, broilers? I raise chickens, we're rehoming our Wyandotte girls and going back to Barred Plymouth Rocks.

We got true blue, true green, leghorn, and bielfelders. I'm smoking GH Black Twist Sliced in a Mastro Geppetto sandblast.

Resized_Resized_20230329_112818.jpeg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking the soon-to-be released KBV King's Ransom 2023 in a 1986 three quarter bend Bacchus face CAO meer with a tapered dark tortoise shell colored acrylic stem. Felt that I needed another bowl to decide a fine point on my review.
CAO-Bacchus.jpg

C&D 2023 The Beast in a bent Viking with briar bowl. I really wanted just a preliminary sample of this today, so about half a bowl. The smell right out of the fresh crack at the tin pull tab was kind of like over ripe apples. The taste is strong, but not over powering. Not hardly any sting on the retrohale. Smokeable right out of the tin. A nice blend for perique lover and probably most others.

Smoking my new Pete Strand with Sutliff Virginia slices,good combo. The virginia slices is as good as the John cottons and the price is cheaper.
I bought the strand as an impulse buy,wasn`t sure that I would like it- I could n`t be happier with it!
I seem to be smoking a lot of virginia`s since I recovered from the flu, I was always an aromatic smoker.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, one and a half pounds of wild caught catfish and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm almost a third of the way through this bowl of year 2021 unreleased Sutliff Black Virginia flake in a late 80's, early 90s James Upshall P DS Tilshead England Made By Hand L185 Canadian with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
James Upshall P DS_L185 Canadian.jpg