What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished work for the day, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. Time to read baseball box scores.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Good Afternoon my friends and fellow BoBs. Late to the table for me today, but going to start off my smoking pleasure by plugging a generous 3 pincher of St.Bruno in a Savinelli Leonardo limited edition 75/500. Going out to the British Legion tonight for a disabled vets regimental dinner. Something we do once a year. And tonight I've been asked to attend as guest of honour. Which means, knowing my old boys in 22, I can expect to be "Roasted".

Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

How do you get that plastic taste out of the forever stems? I have forever stems from Vermont Freehand and acrylic stems on cobs from MM and they all taste horrid!

A cob is hard to beat any time, any drink and most important any tobacco!
Honestly I haven't noticed it. I did clean it with ethanol before use. That's for sure. It's funny cobs smoke burleys like Stubbs Pipe better than my peterson 302.

Good Afternoon my friends and fellow BoBs. Late to the table for me today, but going to start off my smoking pleasure by plugging a generous 3 pincher of St.Bruno in a Savinelli Leonardo limited edition 75/500. Going out to the British Legion tonight for a disabled vets regimental dinner. Something we do once a year. And tonight I've been asked to attend as guest of honour. Which means, knowing my old boys in 22, I can expect to be "Roasted".
Don't worry Zippo my friend. Early or late we are always glad for your presence at the table, or bar, lol. Congrats on being guest of honor at the vets dinner. As a fellow combatant I salute you sir, and this evening I will raise a toast in your honor.

At our Legion Post we have a tradition. Every afternoon at 5 pm we ring the bell, all present stand and repeat the following toast. To those who went, to those who are still there, to those who have returned, and to those who never will. Salute. We are all about remembering and honoring our veterans.
Enjoying some CS Old Toby in a Pete Derry Rustic bent apple with military mount stem. Another mug of coffee aside.

It's funny. I bought a Mark Twain meerschaum at Rich's cigar in Portland, I had it for about six months, and then my dad brought me that same carving when he came back from a trip to Up Down cigars in Chicago. So I have a Mark Twain and a Sam Clemens. I always kind of preferred Mark Twain😀

Bengal slices in a Willard imported briar with a stinger.

Last edited: