What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent some time trying to deghost a meer and a briar, and have less than a third of a bowl left of year 2012 Carter Hall in a black rusticated medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 437/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. That'll do it for me today.
4AB_Rust_left.jpg

Good morning gents and a happy Sunday to all. Up early since I have to be at the Legion by 8 to help serve breakfast. Smoking my own Tumbleweed in a Calabresi bent brandy with a big mug of Costa Rican coffee. Very quiet and peaceful on the mountain this morning. Have a great day everyone.

Attachments

• 20230528_062904.jpg
    20230528_062904.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
GH Balkan Mixture in a Vauen Oak.

Really getting hooked on this stuff.
I find it easy going and pairs well with water, coffee or hard cider. Come to think of it it's even good without a nearby beverage. DVC has the same attributes along with a background sweetness. The Virginia's in the sampler were much stronger and work better after a hardy dinner than as an appetizer!

Half way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Fed my cats, and went outside to feed Daisy the Feral Princess, but Tomato the Brave is hiding somewhere as he always does when it rains. He'll show up eventually. No walking reps for me today.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Half way through this bowl of year 2014 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth dark brown 1916 Barling The Hunt with beautiful silver work and a black vulcanite saddle stem with an orific bit. It smokes as great as it looks.
View attachment 9882
View attachment 9883
Wow! Jim, that is a very cool looking pipe! I really like it sir!

I have a lot to thank Neil for in this picture, the Rouxgaroux in an Altinay Zulu meerschaum, and the Sor studies fingered by Segovia, I've learned eight of them. It just came together this morning, thanks @WarneOut!
View attachment 9906
Awesome! I'm glad my suggestion was able to be of some use to you. It really is great material.

I find it easy going and pairs well with water, coffee or hard cider. Come to think of it it's even good without a nearby beverage. DVC has the same attributes along with a background sweetness. The Virginia's in the sampler were much stronger and work better after a hardy dinner than as an appetizer!
Yup, I totally agree. GH Balkan Mixture is so smooth on the palate, I can smoke it any time of day, beverage or not.
And for me, strikes just the right balance of Latakia. Very present, without being suffocating.

DVC is a little harder on my mouth, but I have a high sensitivity to certain bright Virginias. I'm hoping a little age will tone down that effect on me.

Last edited: